The Missouri Supreme Court has suspended -- with certain listed exceptions -- in-person proceedings in all appellate and circuit courts through April 17 and authorizes local courts to determine the manner in which the listed exceptions should be conducted.
The following businesses in the city of Marshall have changed their hours due to the COVID-19 until further notice:
•MVCAA is offering services and working remotely. Call 660-886-7476 ext. 832 for information. An employee will respond Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• The Malta Bend American Legion Post 558 bingo night will be cancelled until April 24. If conditions warrant then, they will reopen for business.
• The April 5 Marshall Philharmonic Orchestra concert has been postponed until Oct. 25.
• Marshall American Legion Post No. 191 cancelled its April 13 meeting. The May 11 meeting is still scheduled. For questions or more information, call Robin Wandell at 660-815-1166.
Fire destroys Miami shedWith less traffic on the roads and fewer people outdoors, area fire departments have had fewer calls than usual.
Every year the month of April educates the public about stressWhile stress is a natural thing for the human body to experience, that doesn’t mean it is healthy for it to be consistent or go unignored. The human mind experiences a lot of stress, but sometimes it...
- City of Arrow Rock creates online activities to follow and do during quarantine
- The history and meaning of Easter lilies (4/7/20)
- County declares state of emergency (4/7/20)
- Curbside recycling suspended due to coronavirus (4/7/20)
- 3 Scratchers winners in month of March (4/7/20)
- MVC Nursing School makes PPE donation to Fitzgibbon (4/6/20)
- MDC reminds people to follow health precautions while outdoors (4/6/20)
- Governor Parson Issues Statewide “Stay Home Missouri” Order to Control, Contain, and Combat COVID-19 (4/6/20)
- Marshall Parks announces closure of specific park areas (4/3/20)
- Saline County Health Department sets COVID-19 mitigation order in place (4/3/20)
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Truck hauling toilet paper catches fire on Texas interstate
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart
- Psych evaluation ordered for man who sought trial by combat
John R. Smith (4/6/20)John Rease Smith, 89, of Blue Springs, Mo., passed away Saturday, April 4, 2020. A family graveside service will be at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, at Valley Memorial Gardens, Grain Valley, Mo. A...
Barbara J. Gerloff (4/6/20)Barbara J. Gerloff, 81, of Slater, died Friday, April 3, 2020, at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia. Due to the current regulations regarding COVID-19 and public gatherings, a private family...
Braden Crane (3/30/20)Braden Crane, 37, formerly of Slater, died as the result of a motorcycle accident on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, near Bergman, Ark.
Kenneth Michael ‘Mike’ Shelton (3/30/20)Kenneth Michael “Mike” Shelton, 60, of Longwood, Mo., died Saturday, March 28, 2020, at his home. A visitation and Celebration of Life will be held at a later date, with inurnment and military rites...
Wedding: Marriage Licenses (4/3/20)Gloria Maribel Rivas Peraza of Marshall to Walter Enrique Hernandez Cabrera of Marshall Kendra Diane Crutchfield of Marshall to Keywane D’Von Warren of Marshall Nicholas Ray Leimkuehler of Marshall...
Wedding: Marriage Licenses: (3/10/20)Following is a listing of marriage licenses issued through February 2020, by Saline County Recorder of Deeds Jamie F. Nichols: Brian T. Brown of Marshall to Haide Bete Montano of Marshall Raul Lopez...