Board of Public Works approves several department recommendations, hears proposal for water treatment plant improvementsThe Marshall Board of Public Works approved the future purchase of two new department trucks for Marshall Municipal Utilities during a regular meeting Thursday morning, Dec. 3. The first was at the...
SkillsUSA students clean rural cemetery | Teens expand skill set through community involvement2It’s a message Mike Rowe — the former “Dirty Jobs” host and founder of the mikeroweWORKS Foundation — has touted for years: there are plenty of career opportunities and skill training courses for...
- Village Cellar to reopen; Powerhouse Ministries assumes ownership in 2021 (12/4/20)
- Newscope: Community Christmas Dinner cancelled (12/4/20)
- County commission welcomes upcoming treasurer, honors years of service by county employees (12/3/20)
- Marshall Parks director suggests protocols for youth ball (12/3/20)
- Newscope: Salt Fork YMCA hosts drive-thru donuts with Santa at Marshall parks (12/3/20)
- Senior Care veteran James Wilson named Westport Estates administrator (12/1/20)
- Marshall Public Schools to continue distance learning for remainder of week (12/1/20)
- Firefighters salvage second structure after first structure consumed by fire (12/1/20)
- American Legion Post 191 retires flags (11/30/20)
- Residents cautioned to be wary of phone, shopping scams (11/30/20)
- SkillsUSA students clean rural cemetery | Teens expand skill set through community involvement
- County commission welcomes upcoming treasurer, honors years of service by county employees
- Firefighters salvage second structure after first structure consumed by fire
- Prep Hoops Scoreboard
- City of Slater prepares for annual lighting contest, April 6 election
- Scene from 'Elf' comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston
- Sheriff's Christmas tree 'thugshots' rub some the wrong way
- Wayward wallaroo rescued from river after chase in Illinois
- California monolith pops up after finds in Utah, Romania
- Cleveland corrects location of John Heisman landmark
- Cheers! Or not: 'Scandalous' 1st Christmas card up for sale
Julius Henry ‘Hank’ Deal (12/3/20)Julius Henry “Hank” Deal, 79, of rural Nelson, Mo., died Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2020, at his home.
Margaret Jean ‘Peggy’ Goodheart (12/2/20)Margaret Jean “Peggy” Goodheart, 83, of Marshall, Mo., formerly of Matawan, N.J., died Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, at Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m....
Sandra K. 'Sandy' McMellen (12/1/20)Sandra K. “Sandy” McMellen, 77, of Slater, died Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at Big Bend Retreat in Slater.
Tommy Lee Ross (12/1/20)Tommy Lee Ross, 72, of rural Sweet Springs, Mo., died Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, at his home. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4, 2020, at St. Paul United Church of Christ in...
WantedCARPENTER WANTED TO do inside finishing work in Mendon, MO. 816-469-9139.
General420 EAST SLATER. Friday and Saturday, 10am-6pm. Sports cards, heaters.
Houses for RentSMALL STUDIO, SOME utilities paid. Also, small house. Both close to ConAgra. 660-631-1255.
Houses for RentMOBILE HOME. 3 BR. $500 month/ $500 deposit. 660-229-1181.