End Rows for Nov. 1

Monday, October 31, 2011

County committee elections

Watch your mailbox for the official county office committee election ballot starting early next month.

Ballots will be mailed to all eligible voters in Local Administrative Area 1 in Saline County starting November 4, 2011. LAA 1 includes Arrow Rock, Cambridge, Clay and Salt Fork Townships.

The candidates for the Saline County Committee are Loyd French Jr and Karen Garrett.

If for some reason you don't receive a ballot, feel free to notify the county FSA office.

Completed and signed ballots are due back in the county office by the close of business on December 5, 2011.



Many FSA programs will allow payments to be made to heirs or successors when a program participant dies.

Contracts for programs such as Conservation Reserve Program must be revised to reflect the successor(s) for a deceased participant's interest.

In the event of an FSA program participant's death, please notify FSA in order to maintain eligibility of the pending benefit.

Business entities and joint operations that participate in FSA programs also need to inform FSA when a shareholder or member passes away.


deposit/banking information

After the October payment cycle, our office received several notices of direct deposit payments that had been rejected because producers' accounts had been closed.

If your account information has changed and your payment statement shows that the payment went to the old account, you will need to contact the county office that issued the payment.

You will need to have your new account information on hand when you call, including the account number and the bank's routing number.

Updating your

farming operation

Any changes to your farming operation should be reported to your county FSA office before enrolling your farm(s) in DCP or ACRE this winter.

These changes include, but are not limited to:

--operating more land or less land,

--ownership changes,

--share changes,

--changes within an entity such as partnership, corporation, trust, etc.

Copies of documentation are required for most record changes:

--Newly purchased land -a copy of the recorded deed

--Inheritances -- a copy of the recorded deed, or a will or trust document, or other legal documentation substantiating the change.