Fire damages home on Mitchell Street in Marshall Christmas Eve

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fire damaged a home in Marshall Christmas Eve, but no one was injured in the blaze, according to Marshall fire officials.

Assistant Fire Chief Tony Day said the fire call came in at 2:42 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24.

Firefighters left the scene at 602 E. Mitchell St. at 4:50 p.m.

Day said the fire apparently started in a dog house and was probably caused by a heating lamp.

The fire spread from the dog house into the home and to the roof, causing approximately $20,000 damage to the structure and about $10,000 damage to contents.

The owner, Matt Franklin, was not home at the time, and neighbors reportedly rescued two dogs from the yard after the fire was discovered.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: