Marshall firefighters douse garage flames
The Marshall Fire Department responded to a parking garage fire on South Davis Avenue Tuesday evening, Sept. 7.
According to a Marshall Fire Department report, on arrival firefighters observed a two-car detached garage fully involved, with smoke and flames showing.
The structure was extinguished and firefighters utilized approximately 800 gallons of water, as well as five gallons of Class A foam.
The report said after some investigation, Marshall firefighters learned the fire spread from an outside brush fire in the backyard where the owner of the residence had been burning brush from a downed tree. The estimated cost of damage was $50,000 in property and $2,500 in contents.
The garage was deemed to be in safe condition, electrical breakers shut off to garage, and custody returned to the owner.