Marshall garage fire attributed to cooking device

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Marshall Fire Department was called to the scene of a structure fire Monday evening, July 3, that the department attributed to a cooking device left unattended inside a garage.

Responders arrived at the scene on the 1300 block of South Highland Court at approximately 7:30 p.m. In addition to the detached garage and its contents, the fire reportedly caused damage to two other structures, the accompanying home as well as the siding of a neighboring home. Total damages to the three structures were estimated at $35,000. A motorcycle and an all-terrain vehicle located inside the garage were both deemed to be a total loss.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: