MFD responds to mobile home fire

Monday, November 21, 2016

A mobile home was destroyed by fire late Saturday morning, Nov. 19. According to a Marshall Fire Department report, the structure -- located at a mobile home park at 777 E. Yerby St. -- was showing heavy smoke when firefighters arrived at 11:24 a.m. The report stated that occupants told police officers that smoke and flames were coming from behind the clothes dryer, and MFD confirmed the fire started in that area.

There was no spread of flame in the 960-square-foot home, according to the report. It isn't confirmed if anyone sustained injuries; however, the MFD report states emergency medical personnel cared for the occupants on scene. The occupants went by private vehicle to the hospital. Family pets reportedly died as a result of the fire and family members assisted MFD in removing them from the home.

Marshall Municipal Utilities and Empire Gas locked utilities to the trailer, and MFD called American Red Cross to put them in contact with the occupants, according to the report.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: