Letter to the Editor
Letter to the editor,
I have reviewed the Marshall City Council budget which has passed by the City Council and was approved by the mayor on 21 September 2015 for the year beginning October 1, 2015 and ending September 30, 2016.
1. Did you know it planned for a deficit of $300,091?
2. Did you know the budget doesn't allow for any capital outlays?
3. Did you know the budget froze all salaries at previous year level?
4. Did you know on Nov. 13, 2015, the city paid over $600 for an advertisement? "...Marshall's best interest at the forefront."
5. Did you know on March 11, 2016, the city paid over $600 for an advertisement? " City of Marshall your partner is progress."
In my opinion, if we are to move Marshall forward, more of the same is not good enough.