Pipeline through CRP

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

CRP participants who have been contacted by Enbridge Pipeline about laying a pipeline through your CRP ground should contact the FSA office administering the CRP contract.

Because the participant is responsible for restoring any CRP cover that is disturbed during the construction, it is important that you keep us informed.

As you negotiate with Enbridge for the use of your land, keep in mind that you must stay in compliance with the terms of your CRP contract, and FSA will hold the participant responsible for the contract, not the pipeline company.

Your annual payments are contingent upon compliance with the contract.

Certifying 2012 ACRE production

Producers with farms enrolled in ACRE are reminded to certify to their farm's crop production for 2012.

Crop insurance or production records are not required at this time, but can be brought in.

The deadline to certify is July 15, 2013.

Changes to

reporting 2012 income on IRS Form 1099-G

Beginning with 2012 reportable income, if your total payments received in 2012 is less than $600, you will not be issued IRS Form 1099-G or 1099-MISC from FSA.

Also, if you are a multi-county producer, you will be receiving one Form 1099-G or 1099-Misc for the combined payments (if the combined payments total $600 or more).

If you receive less than $600 in combined payments you need to consult a tax advisor to determine if these payments must be reported on your tax return.

Hispanic and women farmer and rancher claims reminder

Hispanic and women farmers and ranchers who allege discrimination by the USDA in the past can file claims through March 25, 2013.

As announced in February 2011, the voluntary claims process will make available at least $1.33 billion for cash awards and tax relief payments, plus up to $160 million in farm debt relief, to eligible Hispanic and women farmers and ranchers.

The process offers a voluntary alternative to litigation for each Hispanic or female farmer and rancher who can prove that USDA denied their applications for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons for certain time periods between 1981 and 2000.

Call center representatives can be reached at 1-888-508-4429. Claimants must register for a claims package (by calling the number or visiting the website) and the claims package will be mailed to claimants.

All those interested in learning more or receiving information about the claims process and claims packages are encouraged to contact the website or claims telephone number.

Website: www.farmerclaims.gov

Phone: 1-888-508-4429

Claims Period: September 24, 2012 - March 25, 2013.

Holiday hours

USDA Service Centers will be closed Tuesday, December 25, 2012 for Christmas and on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 for New Year's Day.

We will be open for business at our regular hours on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 and January 2, 2013.

We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!