End Rows for Jan. 31

Thursday, February 2, 2012

DCP/ACRE sign-up is underway

The DCP/ACRE sign-up is underway in county FSA offices.

Saline County producers can call (660) 886-7447 ext 2for an appointment.

The deadline for the sign up period is June 1, 2012.

Even though 2012 is the final year of the current farm bill, producers can still elect to enroll their farm in the Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) program.

--All the producers connected to the farm must agree to participate in ACRE.

--Once the farm is enrolled in ACRE, it cannot go back to DCP through September 30, 2012, the final day of the current farm bill.

Tips for sign up:

--If there are any changes to your farming operation, such as operating a new farm, purchase or sale of farm land, or changes in shares, inform the administering county office before making an appointment to enroll your farms.

--If you are contemplating or in the process of any of the changes I just mentioned, wait until after everything is final before contacting us.

--If there are any changes on the farm AFTER enrolling in DCP/ACRE, they must be reported to your local FSA office as soon as they become final. These include ownership changes and producer changes (individuals and entities).

--One of the payment eligibility forms producers are required to complete, CCC-931, cannot be done using FSA's power of attorney form, FSA-211. If you have this type of power of attorney, you may want to pick up some extra copies of the CCC-931 to give to your landlords before your appointment. This will put you one step ahead in your signup process.

As I mentioned earlier, to schedule an appointment call 660-886-7447, ext. 2.

Also, when calling for your appointment to sign up, let us know if you had revenue losses in 2010 that might qualify for the Supplemental Revenue Assistance (SURE) program.

ACRE production reminders

Producers enrolled in ACRE are reminded they need to turn in their 2011 crop production to their administering FSA county office.

Crop production from their ACRE farms should be kept separate from the crop production from their DCP farms.

Farm-stored grain reminders

With the unseasonal temperatures we've been having lately, we want to remind producers to continue monitoring the condition of their farm-stored grain.

If the grain is collateral for a Marketing Assistance Loan, contact the county office administering the loan BEFORE removing the grain from the bin, whether you are moving it to sell or to another bin.

Failure to contact the county office will result in either Unauthorized Removal or Unauthorized Disposition. Either violation could result in calling the loan and being unable to obtain a farm-stored loan for two years.