End Rows for Dec. 6

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2010 SURE Sign-up has begun, SURE is the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program that provides assistance to producers who have suffered an overall revenue loss due to disaster conditions.

To be eligible, participants must have:

--Had crop insurance or NAP coverage on all economically significant crops in their operation.

--Experienced an overall revenue loss on their farm

--Experienced a minimum production loss of 10% on a crop of economic significance if they farm in a county which as received a Secretarial disaster declaration, which all counties in our area have received either a primary or contiguous Secretarial designation in 2010

If you believe you may be eligible, let us know and we will run the calculations for your farming operation.

Conservation Reserve Program or CRP

We don't know if or when the next CRP General Sign-up period will be announced

But for those who have contracts scheduled to expire September 2012 and are hoping to reenroll, please stop by the FSA office to discuss your options for cleaning up acres.

We want to stress that no general sign-up has been announced, and there is no guarantee one will occur at all, but now is the time to take a look at your CRP acres so you will be ready if a sign-up is announced.

If a sign-up is announced, any trees or other invasive growth that would jeopardize the land's status as cropland must be cleaned up by the last day of the sign-up.

This also includes addressing any erosion or gully issues.

Take care of these issues now so you're ready if a general sign-up is announced.

2012 DCP/ACRE Sign-up

2012 enrollment for the Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program (DCP) and the Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) programs will not begin until January 23, 2012 and will end June 1, 2012


disposition of grain

FSA has commodity loans available for producers interested in a farm stored or warehouse stored loan. If interested, please contact the office.

Producers with farm stored grain loans must contact the FSA office before disposing of the grain through feeding, selling, or any other form of disposal.

--Otherwise it is considered unauthorized disposition and could result in financial penalties and denial of future commodity loans

This even includes moving grain from one bin to another bin.

Always contact the office before moving any grain that is under loan.

AGI and Crop Reporting

Even though DCP and ACRE sign-up has not yet began, producers are encouraged to come by the office to certify their average adjusted gross income, and we will then send the form on to the IRS for the participant.

Crop reporting is up and running for those who would like to get a head start on reporting CRP or wheat acreage.