End Rows for Tuesday, March 30

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CRP participants: Prescribed burn period extended for mid-contract management

CRP participants who plan to burn for their mid-contract management can request to complete the prescribed burn on warm season grasses through April 23.

This deadline was extended from March 15 because of the wet conditions.

Producers must submit a written request which the COC will review on a case by case basis.

Producers that have warm season grass also have the window of July 15 through September 30 to complete burning for this Fiscal year.

Missouri Department of Conservation recommends late fall burning for warm season grass and producers can burn after October 1 to meet their mid-contract management requirement for 2011.

CRP participants are required to complete Mid Contract Management practices starting on year 4 of a 10-year contract.

The required practices are strip-disking, chemical suppression, or prescribed burn on one-third of the CRP acres each year or the entire CRP acreage once every three years.

For more information, contact the county office administering your CRP contract.

Dates to remember March 31

Last day to apply for wheat or other small grain commodity loan -- March Interest rate 1.375 percent.

RMA has changed the final planting date for corn in Saline County to May 25 (previously June 5).

The final planting date in Saline County for soybeans remains June 10.

June 1

DCP and ACRE sign-up ends. No late-file period.

Last day to make ACRE election for 2010.

June 30

Acreage reporting deadline for small grains.

Deadline for 2009 ACRE participants to certify 2004 --2009 small grain production

July 31

Acreage reporting deadline for all other crops.

Deadline for 2009 ACRE participants to certify 2004-2009 production for all other crops.

Deadline for CRP participants to certify compliance by filing an acreage report for their CRP acres.

Annual rental payments will not be issued if annual certification is not completed.

In Saline County, appointments are encouraged.

Contact your local office to see if an appointment is needed.