Speak Out: Stor-All Flyers

Posted by Abovethelaw on Wed, Nov 29, 2017, at 11:12 AM:

Just my opinion, people looking for a storage unit--who may or may not keep up with the payments, should look elsewhere.

The embarrassment technique is great to get your payment or their items removed. Now don't get me wrong, I think its wrong, its comparable to debtors' prison.

Can you imagine Wood & Huston publishing who bounces checks? Now that would be a laundry list. Checks are almost not accepted anywhere--who does anyways--unless they're guaranteed* and run through like a debit card. *For you older 'folks, hand writing a check only takes up time and ruins the day for the people behind you. They run it through their printer-scanner anyways and hand the check back to you. Now stop writing with a shaky-hand and pen with no ink--just use cash or a card for goodness sake.

Anyways, the flyer posted by the owner/managers here are effective, but also makes the business itself look bad. Check the clause in the contract you sign people. Or pay up front and forget about it. Better yet, stop hoarding!

Any other businesses who should (in theory) publish a list of debtors'? I think the Bank is the best example. People may argue that the storage unit is different--but why?

Replies (2)

• Renters would be another good one Above, list of people who are behind on their rent?

I always wondered how that flyer was legal honestly, I know it is just seems odd to me.

Amen with the check writing, please people stop messing with checks, debit cards are free and so much faster & easier.

I also agree stop hoarding people! I mean if you want to start a business, get a loan for mini storages and throw up 30 or 40, I guarantee you'll rent at least half of them starting first month. We don't need anymore of those around town, but it's a guaranteed money maker.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Nov 29, 2017, at 3:47 PM
  • Maybe it could be a state law to post for the storage units. You never know what’s inside, and that could be a big legal issue.

-- Posted by sotweet on Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:11 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: