MPD seeking info on subject reported to have photographed child on steps of home

Posted by Abovethelaw on Wed, May 24, 2017, at 8:37 AM:

As far as I am concerned, if the photographer is in public view, he as the right to take a photograph.

Fact: If you are on public property, you can take pictures of private property. If a building, for example, is visible from the sidewalk, itís fair game.

There are no laws preventing photography of people, children, buildings, objects or anything else in a public place, or in any place open to the public where photography is not expressly prohibited. There is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

But donít be a pest, and donít get in anyoneís way or cause an obstruction Ė if youíre overly persistent you could face a harassment charge ie: paparazzi... I doubt that this kid in Marshall is the son/daughter of someone famous or is famous themselves.

The Police may question the intent of someone--but no crime has been committed. I find the fault is with the parents. Why were they not outside--and/or why didn't the parents question the photographer/creep/possible pedophile.

Just my opinion--but there is no law that 'he/she/it' broke.

Replies (9)

• True facts on all points.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, May 24, 2017, at 9:43 AM
  • This is simple to figure out if you liberate yourself from the preconception that the cops gang is different than any other gang. The cops are obviously familiar with the person or people who took offense to being photographed and are behaving the way most gangs would behave in the same situation. They have to react to even a perceived possibility of a threat. It's a show of strength like a gorilla beating his chest.

They'll track down this person and intimidate them, then threaten them with kidnapping or violence or both.

-- Posted by R1cardo on Wed, May 24, 2017, at 2:44 PM
  • Is there any new updates on this story? Did the cops get their chance to intimidate this person yet?? Did they ever get around to saying if taking pictures is illegal? Are they now allowed to track people down before deciding if something illegal happened?

-- Posted by R1cardo on Sat, May 27, 2017, at 10:37 AM
  • R1cardo,

as far as I know, or am concerned, MPD may still be seeking out leads--it doesn't really matter. But MD-News is not highlighting they are--as seen on the webpage as last week. The man in Slater takes precedence as it should.

Odds are, MPD sought "assistance" from MD-news and they obliged. Why start a fight? It is very similar to the two runways from Full-circle, Butterfields. They ask, why deny them the webpage space.

-- Posted by Abovethelaw on Tue, May 30, 2017, at 11:11 AM
  • I'm not asking them to deny web space. I'm asking them to follow up on a report they published, you know like if they were journalists or something.

-- Posted by R1cardo on Tue, Jun 13, 2017, at 1:23 PM
  • Again, this was not a "story" as you so described. This was a highlighted statement requested by Marshall PD. Call the station--if you carry as much weight as you think--you should be given all the information you desire.

Troll somewhere else.

-- Posted by Abovethelaw on Thu, Jun 22, 2017, at 4:43 PM
  • Again, who died and made you the all powerful lord of the internet?

-- Posted by R1cardo on Thu, Jun 22, 2017, at 6:14 PM
  • I'm above the law(abovethelaw)--didn't you put two and two together yet?

Funny thing is, my comments have a solid reason behind them. It addresses concerns you've put forward and into the realm of MDN speak-outs.

To answer your question, I did. If you look back in other comments, one other MDN troll called by a God, then and I claimed to be his Deity. Maybe I am yours too...

"...and that's all I've got to say about that."

-- Posted by Abovethelaw on Fri, Jun 23, 2017, at 7:29 AM
  • Excellent. You don't exist. I can now go back to inquiring why the paper is so lax in their journalistic responsibility in peace.

Come on Mdn, are you guys just a bullhorn blaring out whatever the cops gang tells you to say or could you spare the time to make a follow up call to the department??

-- Posted by R1cardo on Fri, Jun 23, 2017, at 11:03 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: