Missouri's Dark Money Governor

Posted by Smart Dog on Thu, Mar 9, 2017, at 7:31 AM:

It sure looks to me like Missouri's new Governor, who ran on a campaign of ethics and "draining the swamp" in Jefferson City, and who has criticized state politicians for taking money from lobbyists and out of state sources is practicing wholeheartedly the old adage of "the pot calling the kettle black." I guess it was just politics as usual, all talk and no actual substance.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-...

We know from interviews Greitens has given in the past that he has "grand political visions," meaning he is already campaigning for the next rung on the ladder. I would suggest that he do the job he already has first, but I guess in today's political climate that's too much to ask.

He appears to be circling the wagons, and getting in bed with as many dark money donors as he can, in order to build up a Michele Bachmann level war chest for his future political moves.

Too bad he can't seem to be honest and open with the citizens of Missouri and follow his own promises for independent ethical government not beholden to special interests.

It sure seems like his dark money donors would be expecting something in return for those tens of millions of dollars pouring into A New Missouri Inc., doesn't it?

Replies

• -- Posted by Smart Dog on Thu, Mar 16, 2017, at 7:33 AM
  • It appears that our new governor is in full campaign mode, right out of the chute, in that he's busy taking in big money from sources outside Missouri, through his latest non-profit tax and disclosure dodging enterprise.

Building his war chest for his future political ambitions is great and all, but shouldn't he be focused on his current job, not his next step up the political ladder?

Especially since he's two months into a four year term. Of course if you're Eric Greitens, you're always scheming up the next bigger and better thing.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-...

Some day we're going to find some politicians that are in it for public service, not themselves or to feed their colossal ego's. I still think that might be possible but I'm fast losing faith.

-- Posted by Smart Dog on Sat, Mar 18, 2017, at 8:32 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: