Liberalism

Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jul 19, 2017, at 3:00 PM:

The Left believes the best way to make society better is by expanding government, rather than encouraging people to improve themselves.

Replies (25)

• I'm kind of between you two on this one. I agree, the government has to be involved to keep things in check. But at the same time we are supposed to be a country of the free and if there is regulations for every little thing then where does the freedom come in? Also how long do we hurt the intelligent of the country to baby the stupid?

But same time you don't want the intelligent to just completely take advantage of the stupid.

It's a fine line for sure.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 9:02 AM
  • BFG?

-- Posted by desert Rat on Mon, Aug 7, 2017, at 12:07 AM
  • Man that's twice in a row he's posted and been gone before I could wake up in the morning!

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Aug 7, 2017, at 8:23 AM
  • What ended slavery in America? America's Judeo-Christian values and commitment to freedom and equality.

If it would have been up to the Democrats we would still have slaves like in the 1800's. Now we have a different kind of slave called a job.

Free public schools were started because we had a worker shortage and it was a good way to teach kids to follow rules and order so they would grow up to be good workers. So if you don't think you are a slave then quit your job and do whatever you want. See how that works for ya!

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 4:01 PM
  • I guess that would depend on your definition of slavery RR. Personally I say slavery is owning another person as property. You know the kind the bible calls moral as long as you follow a few rules.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 6:23 PM
  • That also depends on you being able to understand the bible. Anyone that is in debt is a slave to the lender. The bible says that too.

In bible times if you owed a debt you became a slave to repay your debt. Debt today has become a way of life that people don't even see it as immoral. Look back 50-60 years ago, people didn't go into debt for everything because they knew that the outcome is not good.

So if you subscribe to liberalism and deny God then anything goes as long as you agree with it.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Aug 14, 2017, at 1:32 PM
  • I'm not sure how you get the outcome of being in debt is 100% not good. Been in and out of debt my whole life and things are going pretty smoothly.

Also me being in debt in 2017 is in no way the same as being a slave in bible times. If I don't pay my loan to the bank, I don't have to then go work for the bank doing anything they say and getting beaten.

There where multiple ways to own a slave in the bible. Yes there was indentered servitude which is repay the debt stuff you speak of. But there was also straight up slavery just as there was slavery in America. And that was ok according to the moral god.

What do you mean "anything goes"?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Aug 14, 2017, at 2:39 PM
  • Debt is bad in the way it makes you a slave to work to repay it. What if your health fails? What if you get injured?

There are protections you can put in place to prevent a hardship but we all know if you don't make the car payment repo man will show up, or if you don't make your house payment they will take your house.

Many people handle their debt just fine, just like in the bible many slaves handled the servitude just fine. Most were treated as should be but of course people always like to point out the ones that were treated badly.

Can you give a percentage of the slaves in the bible that were treated badly or do you just like the blanket statement to agree with your presupposition?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 9:11 AM
  • I have no doubt that some slaves where treated well. I've read plenty of stories of kind slave owners in the south as well. Obviously there are no percentages listed for either one.

But let me ask you, is owning people as property ok even if you are treated well? I mean is there a right way to own a person as if they are a dog? Would you like sign up to be owned, your kids owned, wife owned and able to be sold or done with as the owner sees fit even if they treated you nicely?

You are right, if I don't pay my car or house payment they can come take them away. But how does that keep me owned by that person? Take my house away I can move to another house, move in with friends/family or go live on whatever street I want. Take my car, same thing applies. I don't have to work for anything if I don't want to. As a free man, I can work or not work anytime I want.

As a slave you didn't get to move. You didn't get to choose to not work. You didn't get to choose what you owned or where you live. So again, you seem to be comparing apples to cheeseburgers at this point RR.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 9:22 AM
  • Oldschool, you self identified as a slave every time you said you were ok with police coming into your house for any reason.

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free” ¯ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

-- Posted by JBlck on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 7:08 PM
  • What does some one coming into my house have to do with freedom? I can be doing anything legal i want too, they come in, see that's case and leave. What freedom was broken in any of that?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 8:16 PM
  • For those that say religion only helps and doesn't hurt, realize people vote based on their religion. Those people are 1 topic voters and that is horrible no matter what side you are on. People like RR, Ray Comfort and blind religious people like that will only vote pro-life. Doesn't matter if they said increasing taxes 1,000% or raise DL fees to $800, long as they are pro-life they get their vote.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 11:10 AM
  • oldschool17 you still don't get it. We are a slave to our lifestyle. Sure you can choose a different lifestyle but we will always be a slave to it. Another thing you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to voting of course that applies to a lot of things. Statements like that are just dumb.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 9:51 PM
  • I guess Smart Dog any of us could be asked how many of those sins we have committed or do you consider yourself exempt? Since you are judging.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 9:53 PM
  • If you consider slave to a lifestyle RR, than every human who has ever lived has been a slave to their lifestyle. How do you get around what your lifestyle is?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Aug 17, 2017, at 8:20 AM
  • So Smart Dog since your religion is atheism then are you sinless?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Aug 18, 2017, at 11:02 PM
  • Strawdog wrote: "I can guarantee you I'd make a better example of character, morality, or leadership than the guy you voted for."

OK, I'll bite and ask for proof of your statement. How are you going to make good on your guarantee? How does anyone know you more than a fake bot on the internet? Who could believe you because of the history of your false statements in the past. Why would anyone believe anything you say? Your word means nothing and you lie so much.

-- Posted by JBlck on Sat, Aug 19, 2017, at 2:11 PM
  • oldschool asks: "What does some one coming into my house have to do with freedom? I can be doing anything legal i want too, they come in, see that's case and leave. What freedom was broken in any of that?"

An in depth answer would probably be just a waste of time. OS, if you can't figure this out for yourself I doubt if anyone else can help you. Once a slave mentality, always a slave? I don't know but I suspect this is probably true in most cases.

-- Posted by JBlck on Sat, Aug 19, 2017, at 2:26 PM
  • So in other words you have no explanation or answer JB? That's cool man, didn't expect anything else.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sat, Aug 19, 2017, at 3:42 PM
  • No Oldobtuseschool, you pretend you don't understand how you are a slave. You really know but may be too weak to acknowledge it. A slave doesn't mind his home and family being violated at any time by his master or minions only because the slave has succumbed to slave mentality. You have given up being the patriarch and protector of your family. So sad for all and of the country.

I don't see anyone agreeing with you on this. Anyone?

-- Posted by JBlck on Mon, Aug 21, 2017, at 6:32 PM
  • Strawdog, I'm set up for Infowars supplement shipments every 60 days with free shipping and an additional 10% discount. I find them the highest quality at the best price. A 360 degree win/win.

Buzzfeed tried to disprove some Infowars supplements but only confirmed they were the best. Alex Jones has actually private labeled the same B vitamins that Buzzfeed sells and sells them at a cheaper price. In celebration of this Alex put on a Buzzfeed special sale. You should check it out. Too bad there are no magic honesty pills for ya.

The sale https://www.infowarsstore.com/specials-clearance/buzzfeed-specials.html

Strawdog wrote: "I can guarantee you I'd make a better example of character, morality, or leadership than the guy you voted for."

Is your word any good Strawdog? Prove it please.

-- Posted by JBlck on Mon, Aug 21, 2017, at 7:06 PM
  • Still waiting for you to explain how it causes me to be any less free for some one to walk through my house and walk out? They don't take or disturb any thing unless it's illegal. Don't even have to get off my couch or put my beer down. Seems no different than my brother coming over.

Now if slavery to you means following laws of the land (dont kill people, posses illegal drugs, kidnap people) then yes every human on earth is a slave. I just don't agree with that since at that point everyone is a slave thus no one is a master so is it really slavery if there is no master who is not a part of those laws?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Aug 21, 2017, at 8:49 PM
  • Oldobtuse, no one agrees with you. As I said you absolutely have a slave mentality. So sad for your family and for the country. Yet you still post constantly as a self proclaimed authority. Yeah we really ought to pay attention to all that you say. Ha ha. Not funny.

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

¯ Samuel Adams

-- Posted by JBlck on Wed, Aug 23, 2017, at 8:00 PM
  • Strawdog, true to your moniker you want to change the subject.

You made a statement that you won't validate. So fake. Just like fake news.

Why won't you show us how you are morally better than our President, who you lie about?

-- Posted by JBlck on Wed, Aug 23, 2017, at 8:05 PM
  • Speaking of statements you won't validate JB. Will you be validating your statement that allowing the police into my home is a form of slavery. Please explain how I'm inslaved by someone coming into my home and leaving without disturbing myself or my property? My family and friends do that frequently, how is that different from allowing the police in? Please answer the question specifically unless you don't have an answer at which point you can change the subject and just call me more names.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Aug 23, 2017, at 9:08 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: