Speak Out - Politics: Morality

Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 2, 2017, at 6:41 AM:

If there is no God, morality is just a bunch of rules we make up. But the truth is, we all know in our hearts good and evil exist.

Replies (114)

• Without God, right and wrong are simply matters of opinion.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 2, 2017, at 6:42 AM
  • Science has found that the universe is exactly tuned for life. Common sense suggests a Creator did the tuning.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 2, 2017, at 6:44 AM
  • If there is a God, and right and wrong are so set in stone that they are never changing. Why has morality changed so much in just the last 125 years? Let alone the last 10,000 years?

Why does God even change his own personal morality if morality is set in stone? I mean he flooded the world, then when he realized he went to far he said he'd never do it again. Why was it ok to stone your kids, own slaves (rule stated you could beat them as long as they didn't die within 2 or 3 days) and force women to marry their rapist according to the bible, yet not one Christian church today would say those are moral acts for someone in their congregation to do.

Can you explain those issues that contradict your single morality compass hypothesis?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Jun 2, 2017, at 8:02 AM
  • All gods are manmade. This thread won't last very long.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Fri, Jun 2, 2017, at 12:45 PM
  • No it won't last long DR because RR doesn't have the conviction to stand behind his beliefs when they are challenged by facts. If he would simply admit that his beleifs are just that, beliefs with no logical justification, than we can move on. But if he wants to spew facts and claims than if his conviction is so strong he should have no issue backing up those claims. But as usual, he won't be heard from for probably at least a good month when he just repeats the same line.

You are 100% correct Ricardo, I forgot all about Latter Day Saints groups & cults like them.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Jun 2, 2017, at 1:00 PM
  • Believing that people are born good removes the need for moral instruction & divine moral authority. This is why society is in moral decline.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 5, 2017, at 11:49 AM
  • The Bible asserts that belief in a God who distinguishes right from wrong is key to a moral world.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 5, 2017, at 11:59 AM
  • So you are just going to ignore every question in my post huh RR ? Also who says society is in a moral decline? Look at history my friend, this is the most moral society has ever been based on what we consider moral in 2017.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jun 5, 2017, at 4:44 PM
  • Based on what? You deny God's moral standards so that is just YOUR opinion which means nothing.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 5, 2017, at 10:29 PM
  • No document in history has improved the world more than the Ten Commandments.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 5, 2017, at 10:41 PM
  • Piffle.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Mon, Jun 5, 2017, at 11:21 PM
  • God says that those that don't believe in him will look at his word as foolishness. What would the world be like if we actually obeyed the Ten Commandments? All the atrocities you base your unbelief on didn't happen because of them.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Tue, Jun 6, 2017, at 2:40 PM
  • What do you base your morals on other then your opinion?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Tue, Jun 6, 2017, at 2:41 PM
  • You do know there are more than ten commandments right RR? You still have yet to justify the morality of the bible and why you choose to follow only parts of it. Do you own slaves? Do you stone your children? If you don't you aren't following Gods words.

So big question, how do you go about choosing which or Gods laws to follow and which or Gods laws you can say nah that's not for me?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Jun 6, 2017, at 8:29 PM
  • So is the religion forum back or what?

-- Posted by desert Rat on Tue, Jun 6, 2017, at 9:33 PM
  • All you all are doing is expressing an opinion. You just don't get it do you.

R1cardo & oldschool17 all I can do is pray for God to intervene in your lives and do something only God can do. When you deny the truth I guess you say things that don't really make sense.

1 Corinthians 1

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 6:32 AM
  • Come on desert Rat you can do better then that.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 6:33 AM
  • I don't need an ancient book of fairy tales to know right from wrong. That "do unto others' thing predates christianity.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 12:06 PM
  • In your opinion only. Why should anyone else believe that?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 1:48 PM
  • Forums are about opinions. I agree with almost none of yours RR.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 2:12 PM
  • Truth is not an opinion.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 2:20 PM
  • Those who commit evil in the name of God are not just insulting him. They're destroying others' faith in him.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 2:23 PM
  • RR please tell me what I said that is opinion and not fact? There are more than 10 commandments. You don't follow all of them. Thus the question stands how do you go about picking and choosing which ones to follow and which ones not to?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 4:47 PM
  • Our planet Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Man evolved. There is zero proof that any god exists or ever did. Science trumps religion.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Wed, Jun 7, 2017, at 8:21 PM
  • There is zero proof that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. Man did not evolve, zero proof of that. Proof of a fine tuned universe points to a creator, it didn't just happen. To even propose something just happened is preposterous at best. Why doesn't things just happen today? Why did it only happen one time? Something that long ago cannot be proven. What do you base your belief on?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jun 8, 2017, at 2:40 PM
  • Science and common sense.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Thu, Jun 8, 2017, at 6:14 PM
  • RR,

Google the age of the earth and see what you come up with from scientists. Apparently you haven't heard of Darwin. You won't find much science in your fairy tale book.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Thu, Jun 8, 2017, at 6:37 PM
  • Still waiting for a response to my question RR, or will you continue to avoid how you pick & choose which commandments to follow?

Also nobody knows how the world came into existence. It doesn't matter either. We do know it's billions of years old RR, it's called scientific dating techniques, Google it.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jun 8, 2017, at 8:39 PM
  • Scientific dating falls apart going back more than about 4000 years. Mainly because we have nothing to base it from so we have to rely on speculation for the findings. Any good scientist will tell you this.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 9, 2017, at 10:16 AM
  • https://carm.org/what-commandments-did-jesus-give-us

oldschool17 what commandments I follow is irrelevant. Which ones do you pick to follow? It is about a relationship with God that matters. We will always fall short, that is why we need to ask for forgiveness daily.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 9, 2017, at 10:20 AM
  • There is no god. Tax churches.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Fri, Jun 9, 2017, at 11:14 AM
  • You know you may be right Smart Dog. Oh wait! You were talking about yourself, Right!

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 9, 2017, at 2:39 PM
  • Actually RR which ones I follow dont matter cause I don't believe, so I have no reason to follow any of Gods laws. You however do believe and based on the belief if you don't follow gods laws you burn in hell. So according to your belief system, why do you not follow all of your gods rules? I don't follow cause I don't believe, what's your excuse for not following Gods laws?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Jun 9, 2017, at 6:43 PM
  • So oldschool17 you think is is ok to murder and steal?

Do you think it is ok to torture babies for your personal pleasure?

????????

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sat, Jun 10, 2017, at 9:29 AM
  • Smart Dog you do a pretty good job of explaining your denial of God. Why do you not want to murder or steal? Why does it matter if it is good for the community?

We see plenty of communities where crime is high and good people still live among them. Is it good for them? I would find ways to defend myself or leave.

Many people claim to be good people and I'm sure they do good things. In the end Jesus will say, "Well done my good and faithful servant". Or "Go away because I do not know you". It does not matter if you want to believe or not that is the judgement we will all face.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sat, Jun 10, 2017, at 2:12 PM
  • RR are you ever going to answer my question or keep ignoring it? How do you pick and choose what commandments to follow?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sat, Jun 10, 2017, at 6:11 PM
  • To answer your question, because Im not scared of my answers. I do not think it's ok because those 3 things are against the law. I would go to jail for decades for doing any of it.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sat, Jun 10, 2017, at 6:13 PM
  • Without God we would have utter chaos. We have seen what happens when an American presence leaves such as Iran...it opens a vacuum for disaster. Something our last apologizer-in-chief was good at. We can represent a moral compass for the rest of the world that don't have God.

Smart Dog you make a good argument but you have nothing to base it on except opinion. Society changes and if you think it is ok to murder and steal for your benefit then you have no moral base. You mention human nature. Where do we get that? Where do animals get their nature? Oh you think it all just happened. Most of the best know scientist admit there is evidence for a creator but they won't dare teach that in school. Then we have grown ups that deny God so they can believe in a fantasy. Sorry but it won't hold water.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 12, 2017, at 10:37 AM
  • oldschool17 I have found that when you don't like the answer you claim it is not an answer. Whatever!! I have answered your question over and over but it don't seem to matter because you keep asking the same question I guess expecting a different answer. The truth of God's word never changes and only a fool will deny truth.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 12, 2017, at 10:40 AM
  • Still waiting for the answer to my very simple question RR. You state how great the commandments are, yet you only follow some of them. Exactly what process did you use to choose which of God's laws you think are ok to follow and which of God's laws do you not think are ok to follow?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jun 12, 2017, at 10:46 AM
  • I'm sorry RR, looks like we typed at the same time, I apologize for that. Please point me to the comment which you answered my question and I'd happily go back and read it again. I could have simply not understood the point. I asked how do you pick and choose which commandments to follow and I don't remember seeing a post where you said "these are true and these aren't for X reason".

Can you please define "truth" for me RR? I just want to make sure we are using the same understanding. My definition of truth is 100% fact that can't be proven false. As something can not be both true and not true at the same time.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jun 12, 2017, at 11:02 AM
  • We strive to do all of them but we all fall short. Didn't you disobey your parents?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Jun 12, 2017, at 11:03 AM
  • That doesn't work for an answer RR and I'll explain. Striving is one thing, simply not doing something because you refuse is completely different. I get not trying to lust after a woman, but then Adriana Lima walks by and you just can't help it. We aren't perfect and even the most religious person in the world will slip up on those things. But you agree with the rule and are trying your best. Trying is striving.

Not stoning your kids because you don't agree with the rule is completely different. Not forcing your daughter to marry the guy who raped her because you don't agree with the rule is different. Especially when you say the creator of those rules is perfectly good and can do no wrong. If you are truly striving to follow all of God's rules than you would at least try to stone your child. Now if he/she ducks or runs away, or a neighbor comes over and stops you. Well then you fell short, but at least you tried to follow his law. By simply not doing it, you aren't striving, you are saying that rule is wrong. Which if you say the rule is wrong, how can you say God is perfect? If you maintain God is perfect, then why aren't you at least trying to stone your kids when they act up according to his word?

Is there any part of that you don't agree with and if so, what and why exactly?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jun 12, 2017, at 1:14 PM
  • I'm looking forward to RR's response. If he defines the word "striving" different from everyone else or what.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Jun 13, 2017, at 3:34 PM
  • RR, still waiting to see what you mean by "striving"?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jun 19, 2017, at 10:35 AM
  • oldschool17 some things you just can't fix. Think about it real hard you just might get it.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Tue, Jun 20, 2017, at 1:33 PM
  • That is avoiding the question RR. What do you mean when you say you are striving to obey God's laws while saying some of those laws are wrong?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Jun 20, 2017, at 2:27 PM
  • Funny how RR has disappeared yet again when pushed on a point he seems to not be able to get away from.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Jun 23, 2017, at 11:16 AM
  • Talking on the internet this guy said to me "I believe the world is only 6,000 yrs old, it's moral to stone children, own slaves, rape woman and commit genocide. I believe this because an invisible man in the sky told me so in a book he wrote 2,000 years ago. Mind if I talk to you about him?"

After trying not to laugh I said, "sure RR, just let me finish listening to my 3 year old tell me about Santa Clause and then i'll hear about your mystery man." HEAR'S YOUR SIGN!!!

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 3:35 PM
  • And here I thought the bible commanded you believers to be ready to defend the faith anytime anywhere. Guess that's another part of the bible you choose to pretend didn't happen in order to justify the rest.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 3:36 PM
  • I guess I owe you guys and apology. I gave you guys absolutely too much credit! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaharoflmao

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 7:19 PM
  • Told you this would get funny maybe even hilarious. Almost as funny as the libtard media.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 7:22 PM
  • Objective morality entirely depends on one supreme Lawgiver...God.

Not someone's opinion!!!

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 7:28 PM
  • Until leftist intellectuals in the West acknowledge how evil communism has been, we will continue to live in a morally confused world.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jun 29, 2017, at 7:32 PM
  • It still stands that RR has no justification for his idea that God & the bible are moral absolutes when he himself finds things in the bible to be immoral. By ignoring those parts of the bible and claiming his God is something the bible does not agree with, he is in fact creating a false God which if his bible he loves so much is true, means he's broke the most important commandment and will burn in hell for all eternity for it.

It's funny how an atheist can completely destroy a bible thumper's poor arguments simply by using the book they believe makes them correct lmao. I literally had to use no evidence but what the bible itself gave me. And yes, I've read the entire book cover to cover, have you RR?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Jun 30, 2017, at 3:15 PM
  • oldschool17 anything you think immoral in the bible is YOUR opinion. Nothing more. Meaningless dribble.

You claim to have read the whole book but understand none of it.

If there's no God, morality is just a bunch of rules we make up. But the truth is, we all know in our hearts good and evil exists.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 30, 2017, at 11:07 PM
  • It takes faith to believe in everything coming from nothing. It takes only reason to believe in everything coming from God.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jun 30, 2017, at 11:08 PM
  • Lol, you are the one calling God rules immoral, not me buddy. It's why you dont stone your kids and own people!

Of course morality is rules society makes up. Have you never looked at the world and seen how different morals each society has? If we all shared the same morals in our heart then all society would be the same. But what we think is moral is different then what Iran or Brazil. That's because each society makes its own rules. Same reason it was once perfectly moral to own people, to stone kids, to forced girls to marry old men and commit genocide.

Like in many other discussions with you, I have brought all facts while all you've brought is an opinion you change daily to fit your current mood :)

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sat, Jul 1, 2017, at 2:02 PM
  • Don't quote me on the exact figure, but I've heard somewhere there are like 30,000 different denominations of Christianity. Think about that, 30,000 groups read the same book differently, and that is the book we are supposed to follow as absolute truth? Each one of those groups say their interpretation is the right one, well how do they know that what they interpret is correct?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jul 3, 2017, at 8:40 AM
  • Lack of religion and denying that there is a God has caused millions of deaths in our short history of this world. False religion enables people to believe whatever they want. I mean Muslims murder in the name of Allah. One of the most deadly cults in all of our history.

Christians don't murder. I know the media would love for just one of these terrorist to claim to be a Christian but it doesn't happen.

Smart Dog you buy into the lie that religion is the problem when if people would believe the truth it would solve many problems. You just don't want the truth. You and oldschool17 make a pretty good pair between believing the lie and making up the rest.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jul 6, 2017, at 3:37 PM
  • All gods are manmade. All gods are false.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Thu, Jul 6, 2017, at 3:58 PM
  • Have you not heard of the crusades RR? Spanish inquisition? Nazi's? All where done in the name of the Christian God based on their interpretations of the bible. Just as Muslims have done based on their.

Even the Bizantines conquered lands in the name of God and Jesus.

So now that you have been presented with those 100% factual statements would you like to change edit your claim that "Christians don't murder"?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jul 6, 2017, at 4:27 PM
  • Does marriage matter? Yes, and not just personally. Studies found that higher numbers of married families result in stronger economies.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sun, Jul 16, 2017, at 8:06 PM
  • Ok, did anyone say marriage didn't matter? It's why it's a good thing that gay people are allowed to marry.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sun, Jul 16, 2017, at 8:18 PM
  • oldschool17 still confused aren't ya!

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sun, Jul 16, 2017, at 8:49 PM
  • What do you believe I'm confused about RR?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jul 17, 2017, at 7:45 PM
  • Both of you are very, very confused!! Bad penny what you posted is a total lie. What you assume to be true will sometimes be proven to be true if all you seek is what you want to be true.

You believe a lot of things that you don't know whether it is true or not. You just believe what people tell you that you agree with without knowledge of the truth.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jul 19, 2017, at 2:43 PM
  • Piffle.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Wed, Jul 19, 2017, at 2:50 PM
  • "I am the Lord Your God" is the First Commandment for a reason--without it, the following nine would merely be suggestions.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Jul 19, 2017, at 3:02 PM
  • Still curious as to what you think I'm confused about specifically RR?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Jul 19, 2017, at 3:04 PM
  • Just because someone claims to be a Christian don't mean that they are. You want to believe they are so you can justify your denial of God, otherwise you wouldn't believe that garbage either. Satan is the ultimate deceiver and is doing a good job with a lot of people. Without God you have no power over Satan. And if you deny God then you deny truth.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 6:39 PM
  • There is no god to deny.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 6:50 PM
  • So why should we trust what you say is the Christian way if just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they are? What makes you more correct then someone else?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 7:24 PM
  • Wow oldschool17 I have encountered people that are stubborn, but you don't even want to dialogue. Tell me why you deny God! I mean let's try common sense here.

God is the only reason we even exist. Without God this only planet that can support life that is in the perfect spot in the universe, orbits the sun at the perfect distance, tilted at the perfect angle, has the perfect amount of gravity, has abundant natural resources for us to use and we know that if any of those parameters varied even 1% we would not exist. Yea that just happened by accident. Yea the house I live in now, they tell me it was an empty lot but about 1 million years ago this structure started to form and it is now the house I live in today. AMAZING!!!!

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 10:45 PM
  • Lmao, oh RR. Do you know why we know your house was designed and built by a creator? Because it is different then nature, we compare design by how it fits with nature.

If you show me some shred of evidence that God exist I'll happily change my mind because that's what science does. However there is no physical evidence of a God. I have no idea how our world was created. I am ok to say I don't know. But you say you do know thus I need proof of how you know. So I leave it to you, what ev8dence do you have that Comfort, Sye, Ken and the rest of the ultra bible thumpers have never had?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Jul 20, 2017, at 10:52 PM
  • Science is always proving that the bible is true. You look at the complexity of a human being and think we evolved and not created? It defies anyone with common sense to think that we would have ever survived in any lesser a form then what we are now. No evidence of that. Zero evidence of evolution but yet you want me to believe you? Come on how preposterous is that. It is all about your denial of God which you actually believe there is one to deny. If you didn't hold to the presupposition that there is no God you would entertain the possibility of one. Another reason you deny God is that you want to be in control and you never will. Every one of us will die. In fact I can guarantee it. Now go ahead deny it!!!

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Jul 21, 2017, at 2:19 PM
  • Gibberish.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Fri, Jul 21, 2017, at 2:33 PM
  • Yes we will all due, you know how you know that? Scientific evidence. Please Google evolution science. There is 100% certainty that evolution is a fact. Now if you would like to say all science is incorrect in order to hold on to your belief that is fine, but I suggest u stop using technology then.

I was born religious. I went to church twice a week and believed strongly. My pastor and even swore at one time I'd make a great preacher. I then grew up and actually read the book for cover to cover and came to the decision that there were too many contradictions in the bible to be true. And if the bible isn't true, than God isn't true to me. Now I don't know that 100%, nobody does. Like everyone else I will find out for sure when I die.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Jul 21, 2017, at 5:38 PM
  • oldschool17 there will be no dead atheists. After we die the truth will be known by all. You are lying to yourself if you think there is any evidence of evolution. There is none my good friend. Anyone with common sense can see that it can't work. Something did not come from nothing and life did not come from non-life. Science can even prove that. Need to do a little more homework there good buddy.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sat, Jul 22, 2017, at 4:36 PM
  • Lol, who ever said some thing came from nothing? Please point to me what nothing even is?

Also what do you consider non-life to life?

Please let me know how you explain vaccines and medicine if there is no scientific basis for evolution?

I actually agree with you RR, there will be no dead atheist. Because if we are right when you die you are dead and there is no thinking of soul to comprehend anything. If theist are right then there would be some afyer life that would be 100% evidence that we've been asking for in order to know.

Now the funny thing it could be God & u could still be rejected based of which version of the Christian God is actually the right one. You have about a 1 in 2000 chance even if there is a god.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sat, Jul 22, 2017, at 6:32 PM
  • Also what do you consider non-life to life? Really you have to ask that question. That's what evolution is founded on and someone actually had the nerve to say it was fact. Hahahahaha!

Which version of the Christian god. How about the one you deny is or even exist? Let's start there. I only know one God and that is who I worship. In fact if I thought it would help I would invite all of you to bible study at my house on Monday nights. The Holy Spirit shows up just like Jesus says he will in the bible. It's pretty awesome.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sun, Jul 23, 2017, at 10:57 PM
  • There are over 1,000 denominations of the so called "Christian god". So that means there are at least 1,000 different versions of the one god you worship. So how do you know the one God you worship is the correct version out of those 1,000?

Also I'm sorry RR, I would never go to a bible with study with someone who knows so little about the book he claims to live his life by.

I've been to bible studies as a child all way through college, I went to Sunday school every morning and worship service at least twice a week, sometimes more. Funny how that spirit thing you speak of never once showed up. Maybe it just didn't get the meeting request or something huh?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Jul 24, 2017, at 8:16 AM
  • A lot of people go to church and bible studies and pretend to be Christians so they think they can have their ticket to heaven. There is only on God and where one or more is gathered he says there I will be also. Maybe oldschool17 you were worshiping a fake God, kind of like believing fake news.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Tue, Sep 12, 2017, at 10:07 AM
  • I worship no god at all RR. And you clearly need to do more research on evolution, it no where states non-life came life. Please state your source if you believe this is a fact. Evolution states what happened from beginning of life to now, it does not say anything about where life came from. The only correct answer to that question is "I don't know".

You are 100% correct RR, there are many different forms of Christianity. Please explain to me how you know your specific form of Christianity is 100% correct and everyone else who has a different version of the Christian god is incorrect?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Sep 12, 2017, at 1:18 PM
  • I didn't say that there are many forms of Christianity. There is only one God that sent his son Jesus Christ to die as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Only by accepting Jesus can we be forgiven and enter heaven. One God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Any religion that does not believe that is false.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Sep 13, 2017, at 3:31 PM
  • So there aren't over a 1,000 different denominations of Christianity?

Yep according to the bible God committed suicide for no reason. Funny I was also told suicide is a sin, but I guess that's wrong, either that or god can sin.

Course not like that isn't the first or last sin God committed ha-ha.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Sep 14, 2017, at 8:40 AM
  • You know oldschool17 I love dialogue as long as it makes sense. You come up with excuses of why you believe a lie. You also confuse religion with being a Christian. One God, one way to salvation and eternal life. Or you can choose eternal damnation. God cannot sin, that only comes from Satan so who do you choose??

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Sep 18, 2017, at 9:29 AM
  • God can not sin huh RR? Well then let me ask you: Is it a sin to murder children for no other reason than to prove a point? Is it a sin to commit suicide? Is it a sin to torture someone? Is it a sin to punish the son for the father's crime?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 8:35 AM
  • First of all oldschool17 define sin. So I can better answer your questions.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sun, Oct 1, 2017, at 8:40 PM
  • Sin - an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Oct 2, 2017, at 8:51 AM
  • So do you believe in God? If not is there any sin?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Oct 2, 2017, at 10:54 AM
  • I have said multiple times that I don't believe in God and I also don't believe in the concept of sin.

However, if your God did exist, that would mean the concept of sin did exist and would also mean that God was sinful based on his own divine laws.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Oct 2, 2017, at 1:16 PM
  • Isn't really silly to try to discuss sin and morality with someone that believes in neither? Kind of like atheist that like to get on Christian sites. In my opinion oldschool17 your nothing but a troll because you have nothing to add or not interested in getting anything out of it.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Mon, Oct 2, 2017, at 2:49 PM
  • I never said I didn't believe in morality RR.

I'm adding a different view to your topic rather than just the sheep mentality of one view that can't be questioned.

For example, according to your belief God's laws include rules like Thou shalt not kill. Yet he pushed every species on earth to the brink of extension. For people against abortion how many babies got aborted thanks to God's flood? He then killed every first born of Egypt, not adults, kids. And that was for nothing more than fun, cause he could have changed pharaoh's heart at anytime. He destroyed Sodom and gamorah killing all including children. He even forced his own son to die (or committed suicide depending on how you want to view the whole Jesus is god thing). Seems like a lot of killing for someone who said it's a sin to kill.

He's also committed rape, torture and theft. But just the killing alone shows God is not above committing sins.

Funny how rather than try to explain how these things are moral and God is still some great hero, you avoid the topic completely. I'd rather you explain why I should put my faith in a being who doesn't even follow his own rules?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Oct 2, 2017, at 3:24 PM
  • oldschool17 you seem to have hardened your heart much like Pharaoh. Moses told Pharaoh what would happen if he didn't release his people but he chose not to listen. oldschool17 could have been Pharaoh. You seem to be told the truth but you choose not to listen. Evidently you don't understand the context of what is taking place in the bible. Just like Moses I can tell you but will you listen?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Wed, Oct 4, 2017, at 1:43 PM
  • Oh I'm all for listening if you give answers. Lets try it.

Since you brought up Pharoh let's go with that. Explain to me why it's not a sin for God to kill thousands of children for no reason? I know his reasoning was to prove a point to Pharoh to soften his heart (which it failed at). But he's God, he could have chosen anything to soften Pharoh's heart right? But instead of something else he chose to kill thousands of innocent children. Please explain to me how that is not breaking the commandment of "though shalt not kill"? According to bible context is fine.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Oct 4, 2017, at 3:53 PM
  • Still waiting for that context RR. Why is it not a sin for God to kill the 1st born son of every Egyptian?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Oct 5, 2017, at 8:19 AM
  • I think all of you need to go back to the scriptures and study. First ask god for wisdom and understanding in his word and if you are truly wanting to understand his word he will begin to show you the truth.

-- Posted by Im a believer on Tue, Oct 10, 2017, at 3:58 PM
  • What makes you think I haven't read the bible believer? Which passages would you like me to read sir?

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Tue, Oct 10, 2017, at 5:41 PM
  • SEARCH FOR GOD WITH YOUR HEART , SOUL AND MIND THEN YOU WILL FIND HIM ! NO ARGUING NEEDED. IT IS NOT GODLY TO ARGUE !

-- Posted by Im a believer on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 7:45 PM
  • Who said anything about arguing? I enjoy a good discussion. And I've done what you said, few different times though rhe years. Sincerely looking when I was in pretty bad spots in life. Never once felt any thing or heard anything.

So can you explain how you say do that and I'll find him, yet I've done it and haven't found him.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 9:46 PM
  • BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING WITH A HEART THAT HE CAN MOLD AND MAKE OVER AGAIN. BECOME LIKE A CHILD, BELIEVING ALL THINGS AND HE WILL MAKE YOU OVER AGAIN.I TOO HAD A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING,WENT TO EVERY CHURCH IN MARSHALL AND STILL WAS NOT SATISFIED SO I BEGAN TO LEARN ON MY OWN.I GOT OUT MY BIBLE AND MY UNGERS BIBLE DICTIONARY AND STARTED STUDYING. I FIRST STUDYED THE NEW TESTMENT,WHEN I GOT TO ACTS IT GOT VERY INTERESTING. THE APOSTLES WERE TEACHING ON THE HOLY SPIRIT.YOU NEED TO READ IT! I STARTED ASKING GOD FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT AND RECEIVED IT AT HOME IN 1980.THE EXPERIENCE WAS SO GREAT,NO WAY TO EXPLAIN IT,AND IT TOTALLY CHANGED MY LIFE . NOT MANY CHURCHES PREACH ON THE FILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BUT READ REV.22:18. IN ACTS WHEN THEY WERE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT THE PEOPLE AROUND SAW AND HEARD THEM BEING FILLED.THE BIBLE SAYS TO SEARCH FOR IT LIKE SILVER AND GOLD .ALSO YOU WILL FIND OUT WHO JESUS IS AND WHEN YOU DO YOU WILL FIND GOD SENT HIS OWN FLESH TO EARTH TO BEAR PROBLEMS THAT WE HAVE,NO PLACE TO LAY HIS HEAD,SPIT ON,,SLAPPED AND WENT TO AN OLD RUGGED CROSS WITH A CROWN OF THORNS ON HIS HEAD TO DIE FOR EVERY SOUL THAT HAS LIVED AND EVERY SOUL THAT WILL LIVE.THINK ABOUT IT,HE WOULD HAVE DIED A TERRIBLE DEATH,AND IT WAS BECAUSE HE LOVED US SO MUCH THAT HE DIED FOR US.I DONT WANT HIS DYING FOR ME BE FOR LOSS! THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH !

-- Posted by Im a believer on Fri, Oct 13, 2017, at 10:54 AM
  • First off his death was either a suicide or father killing his son. Either way, not sure how that is so great.

"BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING WITH A HEART THAT HE CAN MOLD AND MAKE OVER AGAIN." so you are saying that the all powerful God can't do something? Interesting.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Oct 13, 2017, at 11:18 AM
  • GOD IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE YOUR HEART,YOU HAVE TO DO THAT! ALL HE WANTS FROM YOU IS YOUR LOVE. IF YOU DRAW CLOSE TO HIM HE WILL DRAW CLOSE TO YOU.HE DOES NOT WANT A PUPPET TO DANGLE ABOUT,HE WANTS YOUR LOVE!HE SAYS, SOME HARDEN THEIR HEARTS LIKE STONE AND HE CANT WORK WITH THEM.IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE DONE THAT !TIME IS SHORT,SOON HE WILL COME BACK TO TAKE HIS CHILDREN HOME. GET YOURSELF READY WHILE YOU CAN AND I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.

-- Posted by Im a believer on Fri, Oct 13, 2017, at 6:51 PM
  • You do know prayer has been scientifically prove ineffective right? It has the same success rate as chance.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Oct 16, 2017, at 8:57 AM
  • IT HAS WORKED FOR ME TIME AND TIME AGAIN ! THIS WILL BE MY LAST COMMENT. THE BIBLE SAYS TO MOVE ON WHEN SOMEONE WON,T ACCEPT THE TRUTH.IF YOU HAVE READ THE BIBLE THEN YOU KNOW WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT A PERSON THAT DON,T BELIEVE IN HIM .BUT I WILL KEEP PRAYING

-- Posted by Im a believer on Mon, Oct 16, 2017, at 8:18 PM
  • What is your definition of truth? I have read the bible, couple times actually. I know what it says a lot better than you apparently. Save your prayer for someone else. As you said if your bible is right I'm going to hell so why waste your energy.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Mon, Oct 16, 2017, at 10:12 PM
  • So if prayer works, why doesn't someone pray for world peace?

-- Posted by desert Rat on Tue, Oct 17, 2017, at 4:45 PM
  • There has not been world peace since sin entered the world. As oldschool17 says he has read the bible so he should know the end of the story. We the believers win. Satan also knows the end but refuses to believe it so he is happy to deceive others. Believe the lie or believe the truth, your choice.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 8:31 AM
  • There are many who like to claim that God can sin. They claim to have read the bible but still don't seem to get it. If I create something is it wrong for me to destroy it?

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 9:09 AM
  • So your context that it was ok for God to kill thousands of Egyptian first born simply to prove a point to one man, was because he created us so he can do whatever he wants to us?

Just making sure I understood your last comment correctly, if I interpreted it incorrectly please let me know.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 11:06 AM
  • Rr,

When I die, my cremated remains will blow in the wind and that will be the end of me. I do not believe in gods, devils, demons, witches, heaven or hell. You, your man-made, all-powerful, god and eons of prayer will not change my beliefs. I don't care what someone's religion is as long as they keep their superstitions out of our government and don't get super weird with human sacrifices and the like. I think spending eternity with a bunch of bible thumpers would be the equivalent of hell if there was one. I do not tithe and the likes of Oral Roberts never got a nickel out of me. I watch sports on Sundays rather than sit in a gaudy building for a weekly brainwashing. Believe what you want but leave me out of it. Tax churches.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 12:48 PM
  • oldschool17 and desert Rat I know you really try but you cannot understand the things of God because you deny him. I also know there are millions more that think the same that you do and there is nothing I can do about it. All I can do is present the truth and then let God be God. He is the one that has to change the heart. Nothing I can say will do that. All I know is that eternity is a long time to find out you were wrong. I always pray for the lost so there are many that pray for people like you. To me it is just common sense and logic, traits that many don't possess.

-- Posted by rr3yv0 on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 1:57 PM
  • So will you just be avoiding my last question?

1 Peter 3:15

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Sun, Oct 22, 2017, at 10:05 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: