Another Four Pinocchio Day for Trump

Posted by Smart Dog on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 7:53 AM:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/03/20/president-trumps-...

So, another day of Tweets from Trump, another pack of lies debunked.

We now know that Trump's wiretapping of Trump Tower claim was baseless. More of the good old right-wing media at work making up stuff and then citing each other as sources. Problem is we have a President that thinks anything on Fox News or Breitbart is fact when nothing could be further from the truth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-trump-faces-his-hardest-truth-...

I doubt that we will be getting any kind of apologies or retractions from tRump though. It seems that the only thing worse in his world than being wrong is admitting that you were wrong.

The longer this goes on the more he reminds me of a child, and not a very bright or well mannered one.

Replies (14)

• Hogwash.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Tue, Mar 21, 2017, at 1:21 PM
  • I think R1cardo is BFG/CBB/DrJ goofing on us.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 8:33 PM
  • MY guess would be a News Across alter ego, desert.

-- Posted by Smart Dog on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 7:15 AM
  • Either way he's bringing entertainment!

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 10:04 AM
  • The timing would suggest CBB, the content would suggest News.

-- Posted by desert Rat on Thu, Mar 23, 2017, at 3:01 PM
  • Well it turns out the premise of this thread deserves 4 Pinocchios.

I doubt that we will be getting any kind of apologies or retractions from the strawdog though. It seems that the only thing worse in his world than being wrong is admitting that you were wrong.

The longer this goes on the more he reminds me of a child, and not a very bright or well mannered one.

-- Posted by JBlck on Mon, Apr 10, 2017, at 7:00 PM
  • Good to see you finally figured out the new format, JBlck. I've been missing the abuse.

-- Posted by Smart Dog on Tue, Apr 11, 2017, at 12:48 PM
  • Ricardo,

The sentence which you take exception is copied word for word from the first post in this thread, (by strawdog) describing the duly elected President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.

"The longer this goes on the more he (DJT) reminds me of a child, and not a very bright or well mannered one."..strawdog

You didn't think that was offensive? I do.

It didn't add anything useful to the fake news thread started by strawdog. It started the thread.

Where did you expect a statement like that to go?

Maybe the strawdog needs to be censored for making such a personal attack on the President.

-- Posted by JBlck on Wed, Apr 12, 2017, at 8:31 PM
  • I'm pretty confident that my opinions of our President are shared by millions and as far as I know the First Ammendment still allows me to state them in a forum such as this.

Thanks for repeating your same old insults though, JBlk. Nice to know you care. I'm sure our President will make America great again in no time with you on the team.

-- Posted by Smart Dog on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 9:03 AM
  • I'm still wondering when did America stop being great in the first place? I never understood that slogan.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 9:39 AM
  • The world doesn't seem to mind considering they are always asking for our help and happily taking our money. I always hear how hated we are, yet I don't see that actually being how it works in reality.

Also again how are we not still great? I mean if you could move to any country of the world where would you rather live?

Myself personally I would not choose any other place.

-- Posted by oldschool17 on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 1:15 PM
  • Strawdog, its dishonest of you to complain about being abused by the very same words you used against the President.

You have yet to acknowledge that the premise of your whole 'Pinocchio' thread is fake news.

Trump was 100% correct in stating that he (and many others)have been survieled. You should try getting your info from better sources because it makes you look bad to spout fake news so often. You lose all credibility and especially so when you twist the commentary to fake whining about being verbally abused.

You claim a First Amendment right to insult the President, then cry and whine when the very same commentary, the very same words, are given back to you, word for word.

Why do you have that First Amendment right and no one else has that right?

Are you being obtuse on purpose or is this the real deal? (in your mind)

-- Posted by JBlck on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 8:02 PM
  • Trump: Not Too Late to Prosecute Hillary

https://www.infowars.com/trump-not-too-late-to-prosecute-hillary/

excerpt: Clearly, President Trump did not want to take office appearing vindictive by making his first actions to demand the Justice Department should start convening grand juries against Obama administration officials like Clinton and Lerner.

But, Obama left the White House without pardoning either Clinton and Lerner, and there is no legal restriction that would prohibit Attorney General Sessions from opening a criminal investigation into Obama administration officials like Clinton and Lerner where criminal allegations continue to come forward.

After Trump’s comments to Fox Business in the interview with Bartiromo, FBI Director James Comey is clearly on notice that his history of giving “free passes” to Democrats under criminal investigation is suspect in the Trump administration.

Another Obama administration hold-over who should begin to feel the heat is IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.

The Associated Press reported on April 5, 2017, that 15 Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee sent President Trump a letter asking that Koskinen be fired.

The AP noted the 15 Republicans sending the letter noted the IRS hit “rock bottom” when, under Koskinen, the IRS destroyed evidence when Congress was investigating the IRS for inappropriately singling out conservative groups for extra scrutiny.

“He [Koskinen] also misled Congress in the process, intentionally degraded customer service at the agency, and has since lost the trust of the American people,” the committee members wrote.

-- Posted by JBlck on Thu, Apr 13, 2017, at 8:23 PM
  • One angle of the spying scandal against President Trump. Not the only avenue taken and politicized by the Obama administration.

Strawdog, when will you admit your comments are incorrect?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trum...

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

Exclusive: GCHQ is said to have alerted US agencies after becoming aware of contacts in 2015

-- Posted by JBlck on Fri, Apr 14, 2017, at 3:51 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: