Feels like: 1°F
Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013
Merry ChristmasPosted Tuesday, December 20, 2011, at 4:00 PM
Merry Christmas to all and I wish you a blessed New Year!
I am posting a couple of items that I hope you have fun with.
Answers will be posted after Christmas.
After "A Christmas Carol," Charles Dickens wrote several other Christmas stories, one each year, but none was as successful as the original.
An average household in America will mail out 28 Christmas cards each year and see 28 eight cards return in their place.
Christmas trees are edible. Many parts of pines, spruces, and firs can be eaten. The needles are a good source of vitamin C. Pine nuts, or pine cones, are also a good source of nutrition.
Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in 1895. The idea for using electric Christmas lights came from an American, Ralph E. Morris. The new lights proved safer than the traditional candles.
For every real Christmas tree harvested, 2 to 3 seedlings are planted in its place.
Hallmark introduced its first Christmas cards in 1915, five years after the founding of the company.
Yuletide-named towns in the United States include Santa Claus, located in Arizona and Indiana, Noel in Missouri, and Christmas in both Arizona and Florida.
NAME THAT CHRISTMAS CAROL:
1. Quadruped with crimson proboscis.
2. 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. without noise.
3. Miniscule hamlet in the far east.
4. Ancient benevolent despot.
5. Adorn the vestibule.
6. Exuberance directed to the planet.
7. Listen, aerial spirits harmonizing.
8. Monarchial trio.
9. Yonder in the haystack.
10. Assemble, everyone who believes.
11. Hallowed post meridian.
12. Fantasies of a colorless December 25th.
13. Tin tintinnabulums.
14. A dozen 24-hour Yule periods.
15. Befell during the transparent bewitching hour.
16. Homo sapien of crystallized vapor.
17. I merely desire a pair of incisors.
18. I spied my maternal parent osculating a fat man in red
19. Perambulating through a December solstice fantasy.
20. Aloft on the acme of the abode.
21. Slumber in ethereal quiet.
22. Hey there! The announcing celestial beings carol.
23. O greetings of ease and happiness.
24. On commencement of Yuletide my honey bestowed upon me.
25. Decorate the passage with branches of evergreen sprigs.
26. Once upon a misty night prior to Christ's birthday.
27. Ooh, celestial body of marvel, celestial body of strength.
28. With a vegetable stem smoker and clothes fastening snout.
29. It's a fluff-ball sphere in the cold season.
30. Come on, come on, come on, get moving.
31. O scared darkness, the asterisks are brilliantly shimmering.
32. It's fixin' to appear extremely similar to December 25th.
33. Small children with their optical aids entirely illuminated.
34. Loyal buddies that are important to ourselves collect closely to ourselves again.
35. Boppin' while circling the tannenbaum.
36. Royalty of royalties always and always.
37. O approach, y'all devoted happy and victorious.
38. Urban walkways, congested walkways, trimmed in a festive manner.
39. Ah! The atmospheric condition beyond is terrific.
40. Percussion instruments jingle, are you harking.
41. Remarked the evening breeze to the tiny sheep.
42. Wishing your dates be gleeful and intelligent.
43. Harmony on the planet, kindness to Homo sapiens.
44. Hop in the sack, hide your noggin, since the fat man comes this evening.
45. Ourselves bid yourselves a joyous Noel and a cheerful neoteric 365 days.
Enjoy and once again I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Give those you love a hug and tell them how much they mean to you, as we are not promised tomorrow...
ANSWERS TO CHRISTMAS CAROL TRIVIA SONGS:
1. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
2. Silent Night.
3. O' Little Town of Bethlehem.
4. Good King Wenceslas (or some say Jolly Old St. Nicholas).
5. Deck the Halls.
6. Joy to the World.
7. Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
8. We Three Kings.
9. Away in a Manger.
10. Come All Ye Faithful.
11. O Holy Night.
12. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.
13. Silver Bells.
14. The Twelve Days of Christmas.
15. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.
16. Frosty the Snowman.
17. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth.
18. I Saw Momma Kissin' Santa Claus.
19. Walking Through a Winter Wonderland.
20. Up on the Rooftop.
21. Sleep in heavenly peace... "Silent Night".
22. Hark! the herald angels sing... "Hark the Herald".
23. O tidings of comfort and joy... "God rest ye merry gentlemen".
24. On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me... "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
25. Deck the halls with boughs of holly... "Deck the Halls".
26. Then one foggy Christmas Eve... "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer".
27. Ooh star of wonder, star of might... "Star of Wonder".
28. With a corncob pip and a button nose... "Frosty the Snowman".
29. It's a marshmallow world in the winter... "It's a Marshmallow World".
30. Giddyap, giddyap, giddyap let's go... "Let is Snow".
31. O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining... "O Holy Night".
32. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".
33. Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow... "The Christmas Song".
34. Faithful friends who are dear to us, gather near to us once more... "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".
35. Rockin' 'round the Christmas tree...
36. King of Kings, forever and ever... "Hallelujah".
37. Oh come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant... "Oh Come All Ye Faithful".
38. City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style... "Silver Bells".
39. Oh, the weather outside is frightful... "Let it Snow".
40. Sleigh bells ring, are you listening... "Walking in a Winter Wonderland".
41. Said the night wind to the lamb... "Do You Hear What I Hear".
42. May your days be merry and bright... "White Christmas".
43. Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men... "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".
44. Jump in bed, cover up your head, 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight... "Here comes Santa Claus".
45. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.... "We wish you a Merry Christmas".
Have a blessed New Year!
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to BETTY MEYER
Betty is a single parent of two young adults. She is a former graphic designer for The Marshall Democrat-News and enjoys drawing, painting, nature and the arts. With the internet being a vast informational tool, please don't cheat when solving for the answers. Just have fun and enjoy!