High: 26°F ~ Low: 19°F
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013
Happy New Year Riddles...Posted Thursday, December 31, 2009, at 4:16 PM
Hello, just stopped by to bring a bit more entertainment to your weekend. I know that a lot of you will be celebrating the New Year tonight so have fun but stay safe! Posting some riddles and fun for relaxing this weekend after the celebration is over! Answers will be posted next week. Have fun, be safe!
1. Who can shave 25 times a day and still not have a beard?
2. Do you know why cannibals won't eat clowns?
3. Can you think of a crime that is punishable if attempted but not punishable if actually committed?
4. How far can a duck walk into the woods?
5. Where can you find an instance of yesterday being after today?
6. What letter has the ability to widen a road?
7. How do you get a tissue to dance?
8. Is it possible for half of 12 to be 7?
9. You can catch me, but you cannot throw me. What am I?
10. Why did the gum cross the road?
1. Rearrange the letters of the following phrase to give the name of a U.S. state: VIEWING A STIR
2. Rearrange the following letters to give the name of a famous singer. WESTERN VIDEO
3. Arrange the following words into suitable pairs. MAN HERO HIGH RAIN MOON NOON LOCAL PAPER
4. What three letters can be placed in front of each of these words to form a new word? Sport Sword Sage Sable Time.
5. There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, and the only food she had for her ten children was six potatoes. How did she make sure that each child had an equal share?
ANAGRAMS: Solve each of these anagrams to give the name of a well-known United States city:
NERO, MEALS, SAULT, NERVED, ORDEAL, COUNTS, TENDON, FREONS, OILMEN, ASLOPE, MAILER, WADERS, TOOLED, PARSEC, DOTTIER, AGROUND, LARDOON, DOMAINS, TRADUCE, VAUNTER, OPERANTS, SALVAGES, HEADROOM, DIAGNOSE.
WHAT AM I?
I have no voice and yet I speak to you, I tell of all things in the world that people do. I have leaves, but I am not a tree, I have pages, but I am not a bride or royalty. I have a spine and hinges, but I am not a man or a door, I have told you all, I cannot tell you more. What am I?
No legs have I to dance,
No lungs have I to breathe,
No life have I to live or die
And yet I do all three.
Only one color, but not one size,
Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.
Present in sun, but not in rain,
Doing no harm, and feeling no pain.
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end
And the end of every place.
What is it that when you take away the whole, you still have some left over?
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to BETTY MEYER
Betty is a single parent of two young adults. She is a former graphic designer for The Marshall Democrat-News and enjoys drawing, painting, nature and the arts. With the internet being a vast informational tool, please don't cheat when solving for the answers. Just have fun and enjoy!