E911 Commission talks building repairs, tower updates1The Saline County E911 Commission Board met during its regularly scheduled meeting, Thursday, Sept. 21, to discuss building repairs, tower updates and other improvements. Jabral Inc., of Kansas City,...
‘Go, go, Owls!’ Benton kids get in homecoming spiritSchool pride emanates from young Owls as students of Benton Elementary School, in Marshall, held their own Homecoming parade Friday morning, Sept. 22.
- 2 Slater residents facing charges of delivery of controlled substance (9/22/17)
- Slater School Board approves audit, hears department reports (9/22/17)
- Nelson man charged with unlawful possession of firearm (9/22/17)
- Rev. Collier to speak at First United Methodist celebration (9/22/17)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 2513 to honor soldiers (9/22/17)
- Marshall Circle 535 Daughters of Isabella hold September meeting (9/22/17)
- School Menus Sept. 25-Sept. 29 (9/22/17)
- Emergency planning commission hears Parker Hannifin presentation (9/21/17)1
- Newscope: MPL observes National Voter Registration Day (9/21/17)
- Marshall Police Department issues a scam alert (9/21/17)
- New Mexico college bake sale charged prices based on race
- Batman comic series to feature scenery from Portland, Maine
- Raccoon jumps on moving Colorado police van, takes a ride
- Cops: Owner taken for ride when test driver leaves with car
- LL Bean publishes outdoors ad only visible in the sunlight
- Cops: 8-year-old girl helps drive drunken Pennsylvania man
Barbara Ann Odom White (9/20/17)
Suzanne Poindexter (9/20/17)A memorial celebration will be held Saturday, Sept. 23, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., with Suzanne’s favorite lunch to follow at 12:15 p.m., at the home of Matthew and Amy Brack, 201 Matthies Drive,...
Robert Anthony Huesgen (9/20/17)Robert Anthony Huesgen, 82, formerly of Marshall, died Saturday, June 10, 2017. Graveside services will be held at Ridge Park Cemetery in Marshall on Saturday, Sept. 23, at 11 a.m., with Fr. Tom...
David ‘Dave’ Neal Wilmot (9/18/17)David “Dave” Neal Wilmot, 59, of Church Hill, Tenn., passed away suddenly in his home on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. In lieu of flowers, his sons ask you to support a cause that was very close to...
Wedding: Kerbs,Best united in holy matrimony (9/22/17)Mary Katherine Kerbs and Lyle Best were united in marriage on June 3, 2017, at 4:30 p.m., at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Nevada, Mo., with the Rev. Chris Deines officiating. The bride is the daughter...
Wedding: Marriage licenses (9/8/17)Following is a listing of marriage licenses issued through August 2017, by Saline County Recorder of Deeds Jamie F. Nichols: Christopher Adam Giger of Slater, to Rebecca Renee Riddle of Slater....
Anniversary: Thomas’ celebrate 60-year union (9/1/17)Ray and Joyce Ann Thomas celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary Saturday, Aug. 26. On Aug. 26, 1957, the Rev. Hackney officiated the union of Ray Thomas and Joyce Ann Young, at First Baptist...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
- College Football Scoreboard (9/23/17)
- Prep Football Scoreboard (9/22/17)
- Vikings seek turnaround at No. 9 Grand View (9/22/17)
- Lady Owls keep hold on NCMC crown (9/22/17)
- Lady Vikings win season rodeo debut (9/22/17)
- Massey throws shutout for Lady Owls (9/20/17)
- Chiefs, 'Hounds meet in key I-70 match-up (9/20/17)
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Terrace Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 915 S. Apache Dr. Rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Shelby Apartments is now accepting applications for two bedroom apartments. Call Susan at Action Management 660-831-0030. MO Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
GeneralMULTI-FAMILY GARAGE sale. Friday 8am-5pm, Saturday 8am-Noon. 418 E Rosehill. 2 wrought iron gates, bookshelves, 3 metal shop shelves, mantle for fireplace, large amount of clothes (baby girl clothes NB-18months, 5+years boy clothing, all sizes women and men clothing) shoes, lots of kids toys and miscellaneous, tin watering cans, pressure cooker for canning. Lawless, Lewis
General159 PARK, Friday 1pm-Dusk, Saturday 8am-Noon. Tools, lots of household and misc items.