Good News Day: Church youths deliver 314 lbs. of food to pantryThe combined youth groups of First Christian and Covenant Presbyterian churches collected and deliver 314 pounds of non-perishable food to the Community Food Pantry in October.† The three youth...
Good News Day: Fire department has privilege of treating special young man to dinnerThe Marshall Fire Department had a couple of visitors†on Tuesday night, Nov. 7. Jon Durney with the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) set up a meeting with the department and a family of a young...
- Slater City Council OKs inventory bids (11/22/17)
- Marshall Board of Education hears reports, program reviews (11/22/17)
- Marshall City Council hears citizen concern, approves ordinance, hears reports (11/21/17)
- E911 board hears monthly updates (11/21/17)
- Slater School Board approves senior trip, election items (11/21/17)
- Sweet Springs School Board approves superintendent search consultant (11/21/17)
- Good News Day: Saline Animal League celebrates 20 years of service (11/20/17)
- Marshall Chapter DAR holds November meeting (11/20/17)
- Mid-Day Optimistsí angel tree to benefit Great Circle kids (11/20/17)
- Newscope: MDN office closed Thursday (11/20/17)
- Las Vegas pot dispensaries offer Black Friday deals
- German women's clinic's incense therapy triggers fire alarm
- In Alabama, Nitro the police dog creates viral workout video
- Woman raises more than $60K for homeless man who helped her
- High winds topple 9 semitrucks near Wyoming-Colorado line
- House falls off trailer, blocks North Carolina road
Margaret Anne Moore (11/22/17)Margaret Anne Moore, 79, of Marshall, died Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017, at The Living Center in Marshall. At Margaretís request, no services will be held. Memorials are suggested to the American Lung...
Rebecca Ann Anderson (11/21/17)Rebecca Ann Anderson, 76, of Versailles, passed away Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at Four Seasons Living Center in Sedalia. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017, at...
David L. Barr (11/21/17)David L. Barr, 93, of Kansas City, formerly of Miami, died Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, at his daughterís home in Kansas City. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24, 2017, at...
Shirley Hicklin (11/21/17)Shirley Hicklin, 65, of rural Marshall, died Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, at Sweet Springs Villa in Sweet Springs. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel...
Wedding: Marriage license (11/10/17)Jay Daniel Miller of Slater, to Lisa Ann Topel of Slater. Taylor Wayne Robinson of Marshall, to Christina Doris Daegele of Marshall. Jeremy Wayne Ward of Marshall, to Emily Margaret McDonald of...
Wedding: Crabtree,Baker marry in September ceremony (11/10/17)Jessica Lynne Crabtree and Cory Allen Baker were united in marriage on Sept. 9, 2017, at 2 p.m., at The Barn at Stone Valley Plantation in Pleasant Hope, with the Elder Delbert Crabtree of...
Marshall couple announces birth of a son (11/3/17)Josh and Audrey Ming of Marshall announce the birth of their son, Parker Logan. Parker was born on Oct. 22, 2017, at 9:30 p.m., at MU Womenís and Childrenís Hospital in Columbia. He weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 19 inches long. Parkerís family...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
- 4-H Recognition Banquet recognizes members and the community for supportThe 4-H Recognition Banquet was held Nov. 4 at the Saline County Fairground. Tom Bagnell was the 2017 Friend of 4-H recipient. Outstanding 4-H member awards went to Katherine Miles, Cole Murphy and Ashtyn Johnson. This banquet honors and recognizes its members and community for all they do to make the Saline County 4-H program a success, and to thank its members and community for their support...
Help WantedNEEDING A Full-Time employee for mobile pressure washing. Clean driving record required. Pay based on experience. Apply at 259 W Boyd. EOE.
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Maintenance position available. Apply within 7am-3pm. Comfort Inn, Marshall.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Terrace Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 915 S. Apache Dr. Rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
MiscellaneousBETHEL MASONRY Tuckpointing - Stucco - Bricklaying - Waterproofing. All types of repair. 660-886-8893