Dairy Queen, Moore honored at Chamber banquetMarshall Chamber of Commerce hosted its 96th annual awards banquet Tuesday, June 20, where it awarded “Certificates of Appreciation,” the “Citizen of the Year” and the “Business of the Year.” This...
Slater School BOE receives donation from Clarcor FoundationThe Slater School Board of Education received a donation and approved end-of-fiscal-year business during its regular meeting Thursday evening, June 22. The school received a $50,000 donation from the...
- Arkansas man facing charges of felony possession, damaging jail property
- Marshall woman allegedly found in possession of methamphetamine while trespassing
- Marshall woman charged with failure to register as sex offender
- Kansas man charged with two counts of felony possession
- New York man, Pennsylvania woman charged with felony possession
- Concordia man faces felony charges for drug activity, child endangerment
- MHS alumi invited to be visiting scholar
- Sedalia woman charged with felony possession, leaving scene of crash
- Sweet Springs to keep current waste services provider (6/23/17)
- NWCS announces Lawrence as May 2017 Employee of the Month (6/23/17)
- Town limits councilman's broadcast of taps over loudspeaker
- Not quite warp speed: Speeding man had alien doll passenger
- 20-pound live lobster found in luggage at Boston airport
- "Explicit" show at South African prison ignites scandal
- Transplanted: Large Idaho sequoia tree finds new home
- California father buries wrong man after coroner's mistake
Carol Sue GreerCarol Sue Greer, 80, of Marshall, died Friday, June 23, 2017, at The Arbors at Westport Estates in Marshall. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 27, 2017, at St. Peter...
Mary Ann DurhamMary Ann Durham, 87, of Slater, died Saturday, June 24, 2017, at her home. Funeral services will be Thursday, June 29, 2017, at 11 a.m., at First Baptist Church in Slater, with the Rev. Bruce Hess...
Harold Richard SolomonHarold Richard Solomon, 91, of Olathe, Kan., died June 14, 2017. Rosary was held at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 17, 2017, at Saint Thomas More Catholic Church in Kansas City, with visitation one hour...
Linda Carol Cooper (6/23/17)Linda Carol Cooper, 71, of Waverly, died Wednesday, June 21, 2017, at her home. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 26, 2017, at Victory Christian Fellowship in Waverly, with the...
Engagement: Couple to wed in summer ceremony (6/23/17)Frank and Tammy Hernandez of Tipton announce the engagement of their daughter, Sabrina Berry to Wilfredo Vasquez-Rivas, son of Wilfredo Vasquez and Irma Rivas of Marshall. Sabrina graduated in 2009...
Engagement: Couple to wed in June ceremony (6/16/17)Robert Bledsoe of Nelson and Tonya Bledsoe of Maynard, Ark., announce the engagement of their daughter, Alexandria Hope Bledsoe, to Jeremy Michael Wilson, son of Scott Wilson of Marshall and Candice...
Engagement: Heying, Clemons to wed in November (6/16/17)Mike and Christy Heying of Marshall announce the engagement of their daughter, Kylie Heying, to Mark Clemons, son of Mike and Julie Clemons of Marshall. Kylie graduated in 2008 from Marshall High...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Village Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 911 S. Apache Dr. All utilities paid, rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
GeneralHUGE GARAGE SALE. Clothing NB-3XL, furniture, saddles, household misc, toys. Friday 4pm-7pm, Saturday 8am-1pm. Mechanic Street, Miami, MO.
Help WantedHEALTH CARE FACILITY MANAGER: Ask about our sign-on bonus! Health Care Facility seeks motivated individual with strong work ethic to manage 12 bed Residential facility for Seniors. Required training and certification provided. This is a live-in position with living quarters and utilities furnished. Competitive salary. Send resume to email@example.com call Jamie at 660-281-5164. Bristol Care, Inc./EOE
Apartments - UnfurnishedAll utilities paid studio & one bedroom stove/refrigerator $340-$475 Skouby Ent. Real Estate Mgt. 660-886-3358