- 1 charged with ‘delivery’ after Odell traffic stop
- Sedalia woman faces drug-related charges in Saline Co.
- Sweet Springs Board of Education continues search for superintendent
- Marshall Board of Public Works OKs tree trimming bid, purchases
- Marshall Circle 535 Daughters of Isabella holds December meeting
- Marshall Kiwanis Club holds December meeting
- Arrow Rock Chapter of the NSDAR holds December meeting
- CASA to hold training sessions
- School Menus Dec. 18-Dec. 20
- County talks address signs, tax deadline
- A bird, a plane, a polar bear? Wild guests at Alaska airport
- Farmhouse for free, but buyer must move it off owners' land
- Dog subject of court battle, faked death
- Grizzly crime solved: Candy factory's stolen bear found
- Pilot traces virtual Christmas tree in German test flight
- Homeless man finds $354,000 in room at Paris airport
Shirley I. DewShirley I. Dew, 79, of Leawood, Kan., formerly of Lee’s Summit, passed away peacefully on Dec. 12, 2017. Funeral services will be held at Longview Funeral Home, 12700 S. Raytown Rd., Kansas City, MO,...
Lola Elaine Mallot Bishop (12/14/17)
Elaine Kay Schamens (12/13/17)Elaine Kay Schamens, 65, of Kearney, formerly of Marshall, died Monday, Dec. 11, 2017, at Liberty Hospital in Liberty. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017, at...
Paul C. Henderson (12/13/17)Paul Henderson, 65, of Marshall, slipped into the arms of Jesus on Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017, at 11 a.m. at Mt. Olive Baptist Church in Marshall....
Wedding: Marriage licenses (12/8/17)Manoj Kumar Kasam of Slater, to Samantha Kristine Sanders of Slater. Joseph Cody Hostetter of Marshall, to Brittany Leann Reynolds of Marshall. Anael Escobar Santos of Marshall, to Cecilia Hernandez...
Wedding: Heier, Collins marry in November ceremony (12/1/17)Kara Heier and Derek Collins were united in marriage on Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017, with the Rev. Fabian Phythian officiating. The bride is the sister of Austin Heier of the state of Kansas. She is a 2009...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
GeneralGARAGE SALE: New Christmas decorations, furniture, bunk beds, tools. Now thru Dec 23, 9am-5pm. 613 E State St.
MiscellaneousSPACE HEATER 65,000 BTU w/Blower, $200. 660-815-7834
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Village Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 911 S. Apache Dr. All utilities paid, rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
MiscellaneousHAY FOR SALE: small square bales, $3.75/each. Round bales (4x5 &1/2) $30/each. 660-631-3656