Run For The Wall bikers on the Central Route will be traveling east on Interstate 70 through Saline County on Monday, May 21. They will leave the Concordia area at approximately 1:30 p.m. before stopping again in Columbia to refuel. RFTW is a journey from Ontario, Calif., to Washington, D.C., to promote healing among all veterans, their families and friends, to call for an accounting of all Prisoners of War and those Missing in Action, to honor the memory of those Killed in Action from all wars, and to support our military personnel all over the world. This is the 30th annual RFTW.
Run For The Wall
Savannah Reinke receives Young Writers AwardSt. Peter Catholic School, in Marshall, recognized student achievements during the past year with an awards ceremony Thursday, May 17, at St. Peter Catholic Church. At this event, Edward Richards of...
Health department begins work on ‘Giving Garden’With the help of area businesses, a new project is taking shape at the Saline County Health Department. On Wednesday, April 25, the SCHD teamed up with Northwest Community Services, Monsanto, Central...
- Shepherd’s Food Pantry to reopen June 9
- 1 taken into custody after barricading himself inside
- Mental Health Association awards grants during annual meeting (5/18/18)
- MMU scores well on recycle program grant application (5/18/18)
- E911 swears in new board member, hears from the public (5/18/18)
- MoDOT closes loop ramps from Route 65 to I-70 as part of bridge work (5/18/18)
- Board of Public Works approves continuation of power line replacement, hears department projects (5/17/18)
- Summer camp comes to Marshall | First United Methodist Church to host week-long mobile camp (5/17/18)
- Commission approves emergency funding for project at courthouse (5/17/18)
- Marshall BOE accepts resignations, new hires (5/16/18)3
- Local students named to Columbia College 2018 Spring dean's list
- Marshall BOE accepts resignations, new hires
- E911 swears in new board member, hears from the public
- Tree dedicated in memory of late firefighter
- MFD responds to small basement fire at Wood & Huston Bank ( Updated at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 16)
Floyd Berry ‘Tinker’ KingFloyd Berry “Tinker” King, 88, of Marshall, died Friday, May 18, 2018, at Mar-Saline Manor in Marshall. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday, May 21, 2018, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in...
Charles R. Estill (5/18/18)Charles Estill, 77, of Marshall, died Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at Springfield Rehab and Nursing in Springfield. Funeral services will be held at First Christian Church in Marshall. Service will be held...
Mary Lou Smith (5/18/18)Mary Lou Smith, 89, of Marshall, formerly of Miami, died Wednesday, May 16, 2018, at The Living Center in Marshall, surrounded by her family. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, May 21,...
Billy M. Lovell (5/16/18)Billy M. Lovell, 94, of Marshall, died Saturday, May 12, 2018, at Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall. A memorial graveside service will be held at a later date in Ridge Park Cemetery in Marshall. A full...
Apartments - UnfurnishedROOM FOR RENT with Private bath & walk-in closet. In private home near square. 660-202-7574
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Terrace Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 915 S. Apache Dr. Rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
City Real EstateBIG 2 BEDROOM Mobile Home for sale. Great shape. Move in ready. $5,500. Parkway, Marshall. (Lot rental not included) 505-901-9234
Want to RentWANTED TO RENT: 2 Bedroom house for disabled man and caretaker. With or without appliances. Available June 1 if possible. 843-798-2375