Good News Day: Church youths deliver 314 lbs. of food to pantryThe combined youth groups of First Christian and Covenant Presbyterian churches collected and deliver 314 pounds of non-perishable food to the Community Food Pantry in October. The three youth...
Good News Day: Fire department has privilege of treating special young man to dinnerThe Marshall Fire Department had a couple of visitors on Tuesday night, Nov. 7. Jon Durney with the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) set up a meeting with the department and a family of a young...
- Good News Day: Saline Animal League celebrates 20 years of service (11/20/17)
- Marshall Chapter DAR holds November meeting (11/20/17)
- Mid-Day Optimists’ angel tree to benefit Great Circle kids (11/20/17)
- Newscope: MDN office closed Thursday (11/20/17)
- Students visit CMU for science competition (11/20/17)
- ‘Journey Through Bethlehem’ for the first time … again (11/20/17)
- Patsy Gregg Chapter of NSDAR holds November metting (11/20/17)
- Philharmonic orchestra, community chorus prepare for traditional Christmas Celebration (11/17/17)
- Missouri Valley College to host annual Christmas show (11/17/17)
- Marshall Ministerial Alliance to sponsor annual community Thanksgiving (11/17/17)
- Marshall veteran returns from Honor Flight
- Good News Day: Saline Animal League celebrates 20 years of service
- Mid-Day Optimists’ angel tree to benefit Great Circle kids
- Good News Day: Fire department has privilege of treating special young man to dinner
- Two Marshall residents charged with possession after suspicious activity
- Newborn, mother and grandmother all share same birthday
- Police warn people not to eat spoiled, trash-picked turkeys
- McDonald's to raze Chicago-area museum of 1st restaurant
- Turkeys seeking Trump Thanksgiving pardon must strut stuff
- Crash report turns out to be scene for Billy Crystal film
- Town moves man's loudspeaker broadcast of taps to local park
Rebecca Ann AndersonRebecca Ann Anderson, 76, of Versailles, passed away Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at Four Seasons Living Center in Sedalia. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017, at...
Evelyn M. Reser (11/20/17)Evelyn M. Reser, 89, of Marshall, MO, passed away Monday, November 20, 2017. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 22, 2017, at First Baptist Church in Marshall. Visitation...
Shirley J. Hicklin (11/20/17)Shirley J. Hicklin, 65, of rural Marshall, died Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, at Sweet Springs Villa. Funeral arrangements are pending at Campbell-Lewis Funeral Home in Marshall.
David L. Barr (11/20/17)David L. Barr, 93, of Kansas City, formerly of Marshall, died Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, at his daughter’s home in Kansas City. Funeral services are pending at Campbell-Lewis Funeral Home in Marshall.
Wedding: Marriage license (11/10/17)Jay Daniel Miller of Slater, to Lisa Ann Topel of Slater. Taylor Wayne Robinson of Marshall, to Christina Doris Daegele of Marshall. Jeremy Wayne Ward of Marshall, to Emily Margaret McDonald of...
Wedding: Crabtree,Baker marry in September ceremony (11/10/17)Jessica Lynne Crabtree and Cory Allen Baker were united in marriage on Sept. 9, 2017, at 2 p.m., at The Barn at Stone Valley Plantation in Pleasant Hope, with the Elder Delbert Crabtree of...
Marshall couple announces birth of a son (11/3/17)Josh and Audrey Ming of Marshall announce the birth of their son, Parker Logan. Parker was born on Oct. 22, 2017, at 9:30 p.m., at MU Women’s and Children’s Hospital in Columbia. He weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 19 inches long. Parker’s family...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Help WantedNEEDING A Full-Time employee for mobile pressure washing. Clean driving record required. Pay based on experience. Apply at 259 W Boyd. EOE.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Terrace Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 915 S. Apache Dr. Rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
MiscellaneousBETHEL MASONRY Tuckpointing - Stucco - Bricklaying - Waterproofing. All types of repair. 660-886-8893
Help WantedNOW HIRING: Join the Marshall, MO. or Slater, MO. H&R Block Team today. For more, information, call our office at 660-831-1040 (Marshall) or 660-529-3355 (Slater). H&R Block is an Equal Opportunity Employer.