Surfaces freeze Friday during another winter stormResidents and businesses were out treating driveways and sidewalks early Friday, Jan. 17, as another storm swept through the region. Freezing rain and sleet made surfaces treacherous, including...
Stitch by Stich Quilt Guild contributes to Veterans Community ProjectOn Tuesday, Jan. 14, a local quilters’ organization gifted numerous quilts to veteran Chris Stout, with the Veterans Community Project. Members of the Stitch by Stitch Quilt Guild donated 10 quilts...
- 2 injured when vehicle travels off interstate
- Sweet Springs School board discusses parking lot project, Special School Bond Election (1/20/20)
- 1 injured when semi overturns on Interstate 70 (1/20/20)
- City of Marshall provides updated candidacy list for municipal election (1/20/20)
- MU announces Fall 2019 dean's list (1/17/20)
- Saline Co. Commission talks about the Marshall Junction water tank, candidacy filing (1/17/20)
- Marshall Municipal Utilities Board of Public Works reviews purchasing policies and procedures, talks budget numbers for 2020 (1/16/20)
- Fire contained to laundry basket Tuesday (1/16/20)
- Hemp, Miller Street development top Sweet Springs Board of Aldermen's first meeting of 2020 (1/15/20)
- Mercedes Kohler honored by Northwest Community Services (1/15/20)
- 1 injured when semi overturns on Interstate 70
- City of Marshall provides updated candidacy list for municipal election
- Grain Belt Express Transmission Line offers potential for utility savings in Marshall area via multi state project
- Sweet Springs School board discusses parking lot project, Special School Bond Election
- Surfaces freeze Friday during another winter storm
- Nearly 100 beehives stolen from northern California orchard
- Coming around again: Famous ice disk seems to be re-forming
- Grandpa forgot something: $43,170 found in footstool
- Bull-noser: Camera records moose trapping Alaska man in shed
- Passenger takes over airport monitor for video game
- Alaska company takes pizza to new heights with air delivery
Robin Roy JolliffRobin Roy Jolliff, 61, of Sweet Springs, formerly of Marshall, died Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020, at Royal Oaks Residential Care in Sweet Springs. Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24,...
Georgia Mae Green (1/20/20)Georgia Mae Green, 93, of Marshall, died Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020, at Legendary Nursing and Rehabilitation in Marshall. Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020, at St. Peter...
Janet Kay Johnson (1/20/20)Janet Kay Johnson, 75, of Marshall, died Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020, at The Living Center in Marshall. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in...
Gertrude A. Kramer (1/14/20)Gertrude A. Kramer, 91, of Kansas City, Mo., formerly of Lee’s Summit, passed away on Jan. 11, 2020. Visitation will be 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, at Speaks Suburban Chapel, 18020 E. 39th St.,...
MiscellaneousCAREGIVER SERVICES. Do you have a loved one who needs some assistance and support in their home? If so, call Barb Kelliker. 660-815-3145. I have 20 years experience working with elderly & handicapped. Current CPR/1st Aid/Med Certifications. Also have current MO background check paperwork.
Houses for Rent3 Bedroom, 1 Bath house. 1 mile to Marshall, Malta Bend Schools. NO PETS/NO SMOKING. W/D hookups. AVAILABLE NOW! $500/mo. Application required. Deposits: $500 security & $200 propane. (660)631-2257
Help WantedMULTIPLE APPLICANTS NEEDED! Are you looking for a part time job? Something that will give you a little extra spending money each month? We are seeking self motivated carriers for local, in town routes. You will be able to begin deliveries at noon Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and all routes will need to be delivered no later than 4:30pm. All applicants must have a valid driver's license, a reliable form of transportation, and proof of insurance. For more information or to apply, please see...
Help WantedWANTED: MECHANIC. Able to repair diesel engines, clutches, trans, rearends and fabricate and work on trailers. Paid Vacations & Holidays. Have plenty of overtime work. Must have some knowledge of how to use CAT E.T, INSITE and DETROIT computer for diagnostics for a lots of repairs of Diesel Engines. If you meet the requirements please call Tony at 660-882-9780.