Wood & Huston donates to the Saline County Career Center DECA chapterOn March 23, Saline County Career Center’s DECA program received a donation from Wood & Huston Bank. The donation of $2,000 will help support and sustain chapter funding this year as the chapter...
MPS gets more bad news on district roofs1For Marshall Public Schools, the finish line moved further away when it comes to having suitable roofs on district buildings Wednesday, March 22. While work to repair the hail-damaged roofs at the...
- Outdoor programs spring up in Marshall parks (3/24/17)
- 2017 Catholic School Alumnus of the Year (3/24/17)
- Peace Lutheran Church in Slater to host fish fry (3/24/17)
- School Menus March 27-31 (3/24/17)
- Dog found floating in lake was allegedly weighed down (3/24/17)1
- Reinstatement of classes on solar eclipse day successful on second vote (3/23/17)1
- Stephenson honored for service to community (3/23/17)
- One Colorado, two Kentucky men allegedly caught transporting contraband on Interstate 70 (3/23/17)
- Sedalia man allegedly found in possession of methamphetamine in rural Nelson (3/23/17)
- New high school practices being researched for potential use in Marshall (3/23/17)
- Wood & Huston donates to the Saline County Career Center DECA chapter
- Dog found floating in lake was allegedly weighed down
- MPS gets more bad news on district roofs
- New high school practices being researched for potential use in Marshall
- Reinstatement of classes on solar eclipse day successful on second vote
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Spain: Drug dealers use fake bananas to transport cocaine
- Police cite Massachusetts sixth-grader for trespassing
- Idaho woman says she crashed because she saw a sasquatch
- Elderly couple on wrong flight; end up in NY, not Michigan
- Police: Florida man cited for eating pancakes in the street
Carol Ann Karras (3/24/17)Carol Ann Karras, 57, of Chillicothe, Ohio, former resident of Marshall, died Friday, March 17, 2017, in Chillicothe, Ohio. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 1, 2017, at Main...
William F. 'Bill' Duncan (3/24/17)William F. "Bill" Duncan, 84, of rural Warsaw, formerly of Dixon, died Wednesday, March 22, 2017, at his home. Memorial graveside services with military rites will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, March...
Martha E. Garnett (3/24/17)Martha E. Garnett, 89, of rural Slater, died Wednesday, March 22, 2017, at her home. Per her request her body was donated to the Univeristy of Kansas School of Medicine. A memorial service will be...
Robert Dean Smithey (3/22/17)Robert Dean Smithey, 78, of Marshall, died Sunday, March 19, 2017, at Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 23, 2017, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in...
Engagement: Berwaldt, Diehm to marry in May ceremony (3/17/17)Vince and Teresa Berwaldt of Marshall announce the engagement of their daughter, Katelyn Berwaldt, to Jacob Diehm, son of Mike and Lesa Diehm and Michelle and Jeff Sellers of Marshall. Katelyn...
Wedding: Marriage Licenses (3/10/17)Following is a listing of marriage licenses issued through February 2017, by Saline County Recorder of Deeds Jamie F. Nichols: Darrell Eldon Lawson Jr. of Marshall, to Amy Richelle Jewell of...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Terrace Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 915 S. Apache Dr. Rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Kim at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
General1816 S. BENTON, Fri March 31 1-6pm, Sat April 1 6am-noon. Bassinet, Christmas tree, bread maker, dishes. Many seasonal decorations, much misc. GEdwards.
Apartments - Unfurnished1BEDROOM APARTMENTS. All street parking. $250-300. Skouby Enterprises, RE-MGT (660)886-3358
GeneralHUGE KIDS SALE April 6-8 Buy, Sell, Volunteer. MO State Fairgrounds – MO AG Theatre Building - Enter in the Main Gate or Gate 3. Preemie-teen & maternity, prom dresses, toys, games, books, décor, baby gear. Full Schedule online or sign up to consign www.kidscloset.biz/sedalia