Dairy Queen, Moore honored at Chamber banquetMarshall Chamber of Commerce hosted its 96th annual awards banquet Tuesday, June 20, where it awarded “Certificates of Appreciation,” the “Citizen of the Year” and the “Business of the Year.” This...
Slater School BOE receives donation from Clarcor FoundationThe Slater School Board of Education received a donation and approved end-of-fiscal-year business during its regular meeting Thursday evening, June 22. The school received a $50,000 donation from the...
- Sweet Springs to keep current waste services provider (6/23/17)
- NWCS announces Lawrence as May 2017 Employee of the Month (6/23/17)
- Maker Fun Factory coming soon to Marshall Church of the Nazarene (6/23/17)
- Special patriotic program to be held at Marshall Baptist Temple (6/23/17)
- CMU student athletes recognized (6/23/17)
- Sweet Springs BOE approves 2017-2018 budget, sets dates for three school functions (6/22/17)
- Jim the Wonder Dog named Missouri’s Wonder Dog (6/22/17)
- Cooling centers open in Saline County (6/22/17)
- Charges against man accused of stabbing Marshall woman amended to include murder count (6/21/17)
- Slater City Council reflects on recent community events (6/21/17)
- Charges against man accused of stabbing Marshall woman amended to include murder count
- Local student qualifies to compete at national junior high rodeo
- Emergency planning group hears company presentation, talks budget
- Jim the Wonder Dog named Missouri’s Wonder Dog
- Sedalia man and Marshall woman charged with multiple drug felonies
- Huge, homely mastiff named Martha wins world's ugliest dog
- Albuquerque TV truck stolen while crew worked on crime story
- Work to move giant sequoia draws curious Idaho onlookers
- Breast milk jeweler ordered to refund customers, return milk
- Toilet charity gets Indian village to take on Trump name
- Family expected euthanized dog's ashes, got his frozen body
Linda Carol Cooper (6/23/17)Linda Carol Cooper, 71, of Waverly, died Wednesday, June 21, 2017, at her home. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 26, 2017, at Victory Christian Fellowship in Waverly, with the...
James Edward ‘Jim’ Weseloh (6/23/17)James Edward “Jim” Weseloh, 70, of Gravois Mills, formerly of Marshall, died Monday, June 19, 2017, at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia. Memorial services with military rites will be held at 6 p.m....
Shirley Moten (6/23/17)Shirley Moten, 70, of Marshall, passed into eternity on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, at Mar-Saline Manor. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 24, 2017, at the North St. United Methodist...
Katheryn Marchita Johnson (6/23/17)Katheryn Marchita Johnson, 69, of Marshall, passed into eternity on Sunday, June 18, 2017, at Fitzgibbon Hospital. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, June 24, 2017, at Powerhouse Ministries...
Engagement: Couple to wed in summer ceremony (6/23/17)Frank and Tammy Hernandez of Tipton announce the engagement of their daughter, Sabrina Berry to Wilfredo Vasquez-Rivas, son of Wilfredo Vasquez and Irma Rivas of Marshall. Sabrina graduated in 2009...
Engagement: Couple to wed in June ceremony (6/16/17)Robert Bledsoe of Nelson and Tonya Bledsoe of Maynard, Ark., announce the engagement of their daughter, Alexandria Hope Bledsoe, to Jeremy Michael Wilson, son of Scott Wilson of Marshall and Candice...
Engagement: Heying, Clemons to wed in November (6/16/17)Mike and Christy Heying of Marshall announce the engagement of their daughter, Kylie Heying, to Mark Clemons, son of Mike and Julie Clemons of Marshall. Kylie graduated in 2008 from Marshall High...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Help WantedHEALTH CARE FACILITY MANAGER: Ask about our sign-on bonus! Health Care Facility seeks motivated individual with strong work ethic to manage 12 bed Residential facility for Seniors. Required training and certification provided. This is a live-in position with living quarters and utilities furnished. Competitive salary. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org call Jamie at 660-281-5164. Bristol Care, Inc./EOE
Apartments - UnfurnishedAll utilities paid studio & one bedroom stove/refrigerator $340-$475 Skouby Ent. Real Estate Mgt. 660-886-3358
GeneralHUGE MULTI-FAMILY yard sale: Thurs & Fri 9am-5:30 pm, Sat 9am-3pm. 1399 N. Odell. House by the sale barn. Tons of clothes: Women's sizes 0-8 and shoes, Men's XL, Baby boy's size NB-9M, baby girl's size NB-24M, baby misc, Maternity clothes Sm-LG, wedding decor, holiday decor, Ladies formal, misc items!
General325 E ROSEHILL: Friday 8am - ?, Saturday 8am - Noon. Clothing for whole family 3T - Adult XL, Barbie house, dresser, classroom supplies-books, misc.