Slater BOE approves tech company bidThe Slater School Board of Education accepted a bid from Converged Technology Solutions (CTS), contracting it as the school district’s new technology company, at a meeting on Thursday, Jan. 18....
Haug, Makings recognized as academic all-stateMarshall High School football players Duffin Makings (left) and John Haug were recognized this past semester as members of the academic all-state team. For a player to receive the honor, they must...
- Sweet Springs BOE set to begin superintendent interviews (1/19/18)
- Marshall man taken into custody on drug charges (1/19/18)
- Fulton residents face drug charges (1/19/18)
- City clean up, grocery store big topics at town hall meeting (1/19/18)2
- Arends talks budget, finances at town hall meeting (1/19/18)
- Marshall Kiwanis Club holds January meeting (1/19/18)
- MVC Repertory Dance Ensemble to present annual concert (1/19/18)
- School Menus Jan. 22-Jan. 26 (1/19/18)
- Sweet Springs aldermen OK pool bond language, discusses lagoon project (1/19/18)
- Saline County Commission talks budget, ballot language (1/18/18)
- Doughnut-eating champ charged with stealing from Dunkin'
- Philadelphia greasing light poles to stop fans from climbing
- Buzz off: Ohio college want vultures to leave campus
- Dozens dressed as Tyrannosaurus rex descend on public square
- Russian police face the unexpected: crocodile in basement
- Cops: Maine man punches self in face to avoid sobriety test
Betty E. McCampbell (1/19/18)Betty E. McCampbell, 80, of Marshall, died Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018, at Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 22, 2018, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in...
Betty McCampbell (1/19/18)Betty McCampbell, 80, of Marshall, died Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018, at Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall. Funeral arrangements are pending at Campbell-Lewis Funeral Home in Marshall.
George ‘Junior’ Hood (1/19/18)George “Junior” Hood, 61, of Marshall, died Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018, at University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018, at...
Doris Dryer (1/18/18)Doris Dryer, 88, of Pittsburg, died Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018, at Parkview Healthcare Facility in Bolivar. She was born Aug. 16, 1929, in Napton, the daughter of Orville Dean Moore and Celia Sanderson...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Village Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 911 S. Apache Dr. All utilities paid, rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
Apartments - Unfurnished2 BEDROOM APT. Appliances, trash and sewer paid. Deposit, lease and references required. No smoking. No pets. Buttonwood Apartments, 660-886-3500
AutosFOR SALE: 1998 Dodge Intrepid. Runs a little rough but good for getting around town. $800 OBO. Call 816-565-1690
Duplexes for RentFOR RENT: 3 bedroom, 2 bath, townhouse. Stainless steel appliances. No pets. 2 car garage. 660-826-8345 www.stonecreeksedalia.com