Two-vehicle crash in Saline CountyA two-vehicle accident occurred on U.S. Highway 65 and Fairground Road at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 23. The Marshall Fire Department, Saline County Ambulance, the Marshall Police...
Reception highlights current Morris Gallery exhibit at MVCA reception celebrating the current exhibit at the Morris Gallery of Contemporary Art is scheduled Thursday, Jan 25. The exhibit “Interstices,” by Basil Kincaid, opened Jan. 9, and is open for public...
- Marshall Board of Education recognizes students, implements new programs (1/23/18)
- Information uncovered about old correspondence letter (1/23/18)1
- Hisle provides updates on Saline County Holiday Project (1/23/18)
- Commission approves courthouse reservation for Relay For Life (1/23/18)
- Slater Fire Department extinguishes attic fire (1/22/18)
- Police department releases information on Odell Avenue crash (1/22/18)
- SFCC announces fall academic honors (1/22/18)
- Optimist Club of Marshall holds meeting (1/22/18)
- Candidates announced for area school boards (1/22/18)
- 2 sustain injuries from Ladder Ave crash (1/22/18)
- Police: Angry fast-food worker beans supervisor with burrito
- State unveils license plate for team that left 20 years ago
- Freshman emails every Claudia on campus after Tinder mishap
- California cop feeds critter for Squirrel Appreciation Day
- Eagles fan who slammed into pole in subway says he's OK
- 75 years since massive temperature swing in Spearfish
A.W. ‘Gus’ Granneman (1/23/18)A.W. "Gus" Granneman, 87, of Sunrise Beach, formerly of Gilliam, died Monday, Jan. 22, 2018, at his son's home in Columbia. Memorial services will be Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018, at 1 p.m. at the Kent...
Kenneth D. ‘Ken’ Skouby (1/22/18)Kenneth D. “Ken” Skouby, 67, of Marshall, died Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018, at his home. Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018, at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Marshall,...
Betty E. McCampbell (1/19/18)
Betty McCampbell (1/19/18)Betty McCampbell, 80, of Marshall, died Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018, at Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall. Funeral arrangements are pending at Campbell-Lewis Funeral Home in Marshall.
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Care for the ElderlyWILL PROVIDE 24 HR care in my home. Private room. Personal care and meals. Years of experience and references. Call 660-886-5202
Duplexes for RentTWO BEDROOM DUPLEX: stove, refrigerator, carport. No steps. $450 month, $450 deposit required. 660-886-0016.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Village Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 911 S. Apache Dr. All utilities paid, rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
Apartments - Unfurnished2 BEDROOM APT. Appliances, trash and sewer paid. Deposit, lease and references required. No smoking. No pets. Buttonwood Apartments, 660-886-3500