- 49th MVC Women’s Hall of Famer to be inducted (4/28/17)
- Emma native receives Dr. Doris Howell Leadership Award (4/28/17)
- Marshall High School 2017 graduating class Baccalaureate service (4/28/17)
- The Arrow Rock Chapter of the NSDAR holds April meeting (4/28/17)
- Marshall student one of 34 recipients of FCS Financial scholarship (4/28/17)
- National Day of Prayer Breakfast 'For Your Great Name's Sake' (4/28/17)
- School Menus May 1-5 (4/28/17)
- Golf tourney to support school’s SAFE Program (4/28/17)
- Slater High School seeks input for new program (4/28/17)
- MVC commencement set for May 6 (4/28/17)
- Boy turns in $2,000 he found, gets Outstanding Citizen Award
- Flower shop owner accused of stealing plants from cemetery
- Mystery in Virginia: Someone is shaving other people's cats
- Police: Time-consuming haircut prompts woman to pull gun
- Cornell male singing group booted from campus for hazing
- Principal says she regrets decision about 'smash space'
James Ronald Moffitt (4/28/17)James Ronald Moffitt passed away on April 23, 2017, at 6:34 a.m. A memorial service is being held Saturday, April 29, at 11 a.m., at Life Church, located at 300 N. Walnut St. in Slater. James was...
Doris Fry (4/28/17)Doris Fry, 77, of Marshall, died Wednesday, April 26, 2017, at The Living Center in Marshall. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 29, 2017, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in Marshall, with...
Shirley Ann King (4/26/17)Shirley Ann King, 74, of Dubuque, Iowa, formerly of Marshall, died Saturday, April 22, 2017, in Dubuque. Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 27, 2017, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in...
Betsy Gauldin (4/24/17)Betsy Gauldin, 81, of rural Malta Bend, died Friday, April 21, 2017, at Bothwell Regional Health Center in Sedalia. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 25, 2017, at Union...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
- Lady 'Hounds wrap up fourth I-70 championship (4/28/17)
- Lady 'Hounds charge into I-70 championship game (4/26/17)
- Lady Owls split at Raytown Tournament (4/26/17)
- No. 1 Vikings advance to NAIA tourney (4/24/17)
- Owls win S-C Tournament (4/24/17)
- Owls 10th at Richmond (4/24/17)
- Owls get first NCMC win of season (4/21/17)
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Village Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 911 S. Apache Dr. All utilities paid, rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Kim at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
Houses for RentTWO BEDROOM, two bath, saferoom, attached garage, fenced yard, all appliances including washer & dryer. No steps, very handicapped friendly. Pet dog OK upon approval. $775/month plus deposit. 660-886-9103
Help WantedSEARCHING FOR MANAGER or management team to oversee multi-family complex in Marshall. Responsibilities to include rent collection, rental deposits, interview potential tenants, fill vacant units, provide/oversee recommendations and repair on units, enforce property covenants and lease agreements. Send resume and/or qualifications to V. H. Investments, Inc. PO Box 2182, Espanola, New Mexico, 87532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost & FoundLOST KEYS 4/21. One key has an orange ring. Southeast area of Marshall. 660-886-9780