A little lemonade for good measure: Children’s lemonade stand raises funds for cancer centerThe saying goes: when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Law enforcement seeking leads for alleged Walmart theftLaw enforcement is seeking the public’s help in identifying two suspects who allegedly stole more than $3,000 worth of merchandise from the Marshall Walmart. A public awareness bulletin issued by...
- Library to feature community planning session (7/21/17)
- County E911 board approves foundation repair work to building (7/21/17)1
- MU Extension offers Lunch n’ Learn programs on Personal Finance topics (7/21/17)
- Woman injured after falling asleep at wheel (7/21/17)
- Eastside Church of Christ welcomes kids to VBS (7/21/17)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to host movie night (7/21/17)
- Slater UMC to host VBS (7/21/17)
- Local churches to host joint VBS (7/21/17)
- Saline County youth boosts leadership skills and civic engagement through 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus (7/21/17)
- Slater School BOE moves forward with levy proposal (7/21/17)
- He was purrfect: Honorary cat mayor in Alaska town dies
- That stinks! Man seeking dropped phone falls in trash chute
- California firefighters bring nearly dead dog back to life
- UK girl left in tears after she's fined for selling lemonade
- Gambler drops 75 pounds to win a share of a $1 million bet
- No dye: Cancer patients' gray hair darkened on immune drugs
Pearline V. Copas (7/21/17)Pearline V. Copas, 81, of Marshall, died Thursday, July 20, 2017, at Fitzgibbon Hospital in Marshall. Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, July 24, 2017, at Campbell-Lewis Chapel in...
Grace D. Helgenberger (7/21/17)Grace D. Helgenberger, 46, of Marshall, died Saturday, July 15, 2017, in Lake Ozark. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, July 22, 2017, at First Christian Church in Marshall. Friends...
Frances Elizabeth Strodtman (7/20/17)Frances Elizabeth Strodtman, of New Franklin, passed away July 17, 2017. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 25, 2017, at Bible Baptist Church in New Franklin. Interment will...
Francis L. ‘Frank’ Tolivar (7/18/17)Francis L. "Frank" Tolivar, age 89, of Wheatland, passed away Sunday, July 16, 2017, at his home. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 19, 2017, at Nemo Cemetery, with Pastor...
Wedding: Marriage licenses (7/14/17)Matthew James Hart of Marshall, to Abigail Coquelin Wardenburg of Marshall. Donald Dean Hill Jr. of Marshall, to Denise Lodell Shields of Kansas City. Myron Van Bigler II of Marshall, to Marlo Deann...
Engagement: Fontenot, Waters to wed in Spring 2018 (7/14/17)Kenneth and Cheryl Fontenot of Erath, La., announce the engagement of their daughter, Andrea Rhea Fontenot, to Jeremy Allen Waters, son of Richard and Debra Waters of Baton Rouge, La., formerly of...
Engagement: Fontenot, Waters to wed in Spring 2018 (7/7/17)Kenneth and Cheryl Fontenot of Erath, La., announce the engagement of their daughter, Andrea Rhea Fontenot, to Jeremy Allen Waters, son of Richard and Debra Waters of Marshall. Andrea graduated from...
The Marshall Democrat-News invites readers to share their views and questions on any issue. Open discussions are often useful and enlightening. Criticism is acceptable as an important part of public conversations, but we expect everyone to treat others with respect. Experience suggests it is best not to post comments while angry. We reserve the right to delete comments that we think include personal attacks, are disrespectful, threatening, obscene or in other ways objectionable. Anyone who repeatedly violates this policy will be banned from participating in our forums.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Shelby Apartments is now accepting applications for two bedroom apartments. Call Susan at Action Management 660-831-0030. MO Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
Apartments - UnfurnishedFOR RENT: Westport Village Senior Housing apartments is accepting applications. 911 S. Apache Dr. All utilities paid, rent based on income. Must be 62 yrs. old or handicapped or disabled. Call Susan at Action Management. 660-831-0030. Relay 711. This institution is an equal housing opportunity provider.
GeneralLIVING ESTATE SALE/Moving sale. 511 E Rosehill. Furniture, tools, household. Thurs 3pm-6pm, Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 8am-1pm (1/2 price)
Apartments - UnfurnishedNEAR SQUARE, 305 E. North St. Immaculate condition. Spacious, 2 bedroom, 1 bath. Some utilities paid. $500/month. Call or text 660-815-4295